Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEAM Community integration

Hi all,

I'm really happy with 2.0 update and Titan Pack. Now is like the game has been resurrected.... BUT I miss something IMPORTANT.

When I see some of my firends playing UT3 on STEAM I would like to right-click on my friend and join their match, like on L4D, TF2 or CSS... BUT I can not do it on UT3.

Its kind of old asking a friend for the server IP in order to join their match...

Why not EPIC use such features on STEAM?

Epic should have used Steam in the first place instead of gamespy. The features you're asking for are fantastic and are the reason why steam is so popular, but are only possible with full steam integration, which UT3 doesn't have.

Comment

It does use Steamworks, most games that use Steamworks have joinable servers and integration with Steam server browser.

Epic should work on that

Comment

Aren't friends able to be added within UT3's interface? I haven't personally used it yet because I don't have any friends that play but I would imagine that it has similar features to Steam.

Comment

Yeah, you can add and follow friends with UT3's built-in friends thing.

Comment

The included UT3 friends list is total garbage... For instance, say you're playing in a server and want to add a guy to your friends list... YOU CAN'T!! You have to quit to the main menu first (and disconnect from the server) before you can add someone.

Good game, but man, the functionality of the UI still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
              The included UT3 friends list is total garbage... For instance, say you're playing in a server and want to add a guy to your friends list... YOU CAN'T!! You have to quit to the main menu first (and disconnect from the server) before you can add someone.

Good game, but man, the functionality of the UI still sucks.
              I'm pretty sure you can add a friend in UT3 without having to exit the server. Press escape, highlight the "score" section, then just select the player and either send them a message or a friend request.

Comment

Originally posted by Segomo View Post
                I'm pretty sure you can add a friend in UT3 without having to exit the server. Press escape, highlight the "score" section, then just select the player and either send them a message or a friend request.
                Will have to try that, however if you receive a friend invite while ingame you cannot accept. You have to quit out which is a bit rubbish to say the least.

I started a thread about the same topic a while ago
                http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=664913

Comment

lol - I have never figured out the mysteries behind Friends in UT3... I do have some friends in my list but when I get an invite and accept, they don't show. Then I send an invite. We go back and forth for some number of times (some prime number I believe) and then they show up.

Honestly, I can't figure it out.

I continue to use xfire as my friend solution. Whatever the UT3 1.0 solution was, it's obvious that xfire didn't have the information it needed. I really hope that whatever happened with the patch allows xfire to actually show who is in the server, scores, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by EggSuckingLeech View Post
                    lol - I have never figured out the mysteries behind Friends in UT3... I do have some friends in my list but when I get an invite and accept, they don't show. Then I send an invite. We go back and forth for some number of times (some prime number I believe) and then
                    as far as I have understood the process is: player 1 sends reqeust to player 2. player 2 accepts, gets added to player 1's list and can send a request to add player 1. player 1 accept and gets added to player 2's list.

No idea what happens if player 2 don't send a request back

Comment

Originally posted by SinOk View Post
                      When I see some of my firends playing UT3 on STEAM I would like to right-click on my friend and join their match, like on L4D, TF2 or CSS... BUT I can not do it on UT3.

Its kind of old asking a friend for the server IP in order to join their match...

Why not EPIC use such features on STEAM?
                      Great ideas, really, but could someone help me out with another "Steamworks integration" problem?

The problem if that I WAS getting achievements (got all but the "Defeat Akasha achievements for the story achievements) but after I completed Chapter 4 I wasn't able to get anymore achievements. I've beaten Akasha like 5 times now on each difficulty, and in co-op, I even have the "I need backup" and "I got your back" achievements for completeing 1 and 10 missions in co-op but for some reason both ut3 and steam wont recognize my other achievement attmepts such as completeing Instant action in every game mode, achieving "Rocket Scientist, Bio Hazard, Flak Master, etc...

I've tried launching ut3 in every concievible method; used Steam-generated ut3 shortcut, right-clicking on ut3 in steam games list and selecting "Launch Game", double-clicking ut3 in steam games list and choosing "Launch game" bubble, and launching ut3 straight form it3 directory.

I've also reinstalled Windows.

Once again, would appreciate any help/suggestions, thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X