UT3.exe has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The INI files in the Config folder are just text files that contain configuration settings and variables used in the game. If your Windows folder view settings are hiding file extensions, then you won't see the actual INI ending of the file names there.

As far as your log file, somewhere towards the end it should report errors keeping UT3.EXE from launching. Maybe you could copy all the contents of the launch.log file and post them here?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    From that folder, you will see a subfolder called logs. load launch.log and search for "Critical:". Then post from there
    Found the file , but didnt get any results when i searched for "critical'.

Thank you for trying to help btw.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From that folder, you will see a subfolder called logs. load launch.log and search for "Critical:". Then post from there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    I had too many backup INI files in the config folder. When I deleted the extra backup files that I made there, then UT3 loaded fine.
    I dont know what INI files are, I already tried deleting my Config folder and then trying. It didnt work.

Still need help with this, i wanna play already

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had too many backup INI files in the config folder. When I deleted the extra backup files that I made there, then UT3 loaded fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried deleting my config folder, still getting the same error afterwards

Im running on vista btw, gonna check my firewall.

oh and , ya im logged in as admin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thesoldier79 View Post
    So I just got UT3 from steam
    He has it all patched up.
    The first thing that comes to my mind is, your firewall (windows firewall, hardware firewall or any other firewall you might have installed) might be blocking the game.

What operating system? Logged in as admin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Delete the config folder from My Documents / My Games / Unreal Tournament 3 / UTGame (I think).

And make sure all your drivers are up to date.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UT3.exe has stopped working

UT3.exe has stopped working

So I just got UT3 from steam and uh everytime I try to start the game it sits there loading for a sec and i get the error : UT3.exe has stopped working

and then it closes.

Ive tried reinstalling it but that didnt do anything , halp?
Working...
X