• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
    This tip has no effect on UT3 or most well written online games.
    Nagle's algorithm is for TCP packets.
    Games (like unreal, quake, and any valve game) typically use UDP packets that are already not effected by Nagle's algorithm. They use TCP for server queries like in the browser but not in game data.
    why would they implement things like tic rate then on the [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] and ACK timeout? I'm asking because you seem like you know alot, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    Setting the TcpAckFrequency from the default of 2 to 1 will change every other packet that is recognized to each packet being recognized. This is talked about alot in the WoW forums. People report their pings dropping as much as in half. This won't do it with UT3 but when you shoot a guy and you know you had your x - hairs on him and it doesn't register its because the packet that you sent while the player being in the xhairs didn't register, which is commonly noticed while sniping. Much like how people complain about your mini-gun 'hack' I changed mine to 1 and sniping became alot easier.
    This tip has no effect on UT3 or most well written online games.
    Nagle's algorithm is for TCP packets.
    Games (like unreal, quake, and any valve game) typically use UDP packets that are already not effected by Nagle's algorithm. They use TCP for server queries like in the browser but not in game data.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DancesWthMice View Post
    This is a pretty vague statement.

I sent you a pm to politely find out what you were referencing. In your reply you do not mention anything as far as "things missing", but state that you found what you were looking for on the wmclan site. Ok....

The offer Warped made was simply to help anyone interested with their setup through irc chat.

I'm not sure what sort of response you were expecting with the mention of "hacks" or "ego". I don't cheat, nor did anyone state that the website mentioned was the final and exhaustive work on ut3 game set up.

You stated that you and I have chatted about game set up before. Do you have a ut3 nick I would recognize? With UTPlayer529th, I'm just drawing a blank.
    I'm not saying you do, nor am i concerned either way, personally I don't think you do; I'm sure you have been accused before ingame to which I was only referencing, I meant you no harm.

I did find the TCP Optimizer for which I recall a long time ago using with another game. But as you can see, there are a few things missing that I mentioned in my post. Hope they help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we've talked about his recommendations before, there are still a few things he's missing
    This is a pretty vague statement.

I sent you a pm to politely find out what you were referencing. In your reply you do not mention anything as far as "things missing", but state that you found what you were looking for on the wmclan site. Ok....

The offer Warped made was simply to help anyone interested with their setup through irc chat.

I'm not sure what sort of response you were expecting with the mention of "hacks" or "ego". I don't cheat, nor did anyone state that the website mentioned was the final and exhaustive work on ut3 game set up.

You stated that you and I have chatted about game set up before. Do you have a ut3 nick I would recognize? With UTPlayer529th, I'm just drawing a blank.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DancesWthMice View Post
    Got a message from UTPlayer529th that he found what was "missing" on the wmclan.com website Warped created.
    actually its not in the tcp optimizer which is linked on the sight, sorry to brake your ego over this dwm

One of the things that people are missing is this TcpAckFrequency which has to be manually inserted into the registry by a Dword and there are differences between this in Vista and XP; the difference on the tcp optimizer that is linked to at your sight is that is gives the option to duplicate ACK frequencies due to lost packets = not the same. Setting the TcpAckFrequency from the default of 2 to 1 will change every other packet that is recognized to each packet being recognized. This is talked about alot in the WoW forums. People report their pings dropping as much as in half. This won't do it with UT3 but when you shoot a guy and you know you had your x - hairs on him and it doesn't register its because the packet that you sent while the player being in the xhairs didn't register, which is commonly noticed while sniping. Much like how people complain about your mini-gun 'hack' I changed mine to 1 and sniping became alot easier.

Vista's registry string goes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

there will be a few different folders. Find the one that has your IP address on it e.g. 192.168.0.10

You will have to add the Dword TcpAckFrequency. By default the OS will recognize every other packet or simply if a number was there = 2 Setting it to 0 will automatically revert it back to 2, 1 will make every packet recognized.

Another thing that isn't recognized in the TCP Optimize is Nagle's algorithm which if turned off will send a packet immediately without waiting for the packet to fill up before sending and this can also be manipulated by registry. Again, Vista and XP differ

Vista
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers

This one is a little trickier cause you have to add the MSMQ folder and the Paramters folder, then add the Dword TCPNoDelay and set it to 1 to turn off Nagles Algorithm, 0 will enable it.

This should explain a little about the lag people are complaining about. You can also change your MTU size, as well as disabling your ipv4 offloading but do that only if you have a fast cpu.

If anyone wants more help you can contact me and i'll help with what I know,

Cheers and keep your egos cool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, that's insulting. I know exactly how to aim, and I'm pretty sure "one frame thread lag" has to do with triple buffering. Since I'm not using vysnc, the effect is negligible. And maybe it's only Warfare servers that affect the "shot lag" for you, but I find the problem in all game types.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by node357 View Post

I toggled "One Frame Thread Lag" and it didn't impact my controls at all. This image shows my ping on the populated Warfare servers I could find.
    If you cannot notice the change from OneFrameThreadLag, then you haven't learned how to aim in the first place... As I said, and any competitive player will agree, one option you will be able to land shots - the other you won't.

As for ping - The issue is you're playing Warfare.

(literally, the servers play much worse when it comes to hitscan)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "f6" toggles ping display/packet loss

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ping is usually similar in-game using "stat net" to the ping in the server browser. I would guess most of the active servers aren't in North America

Using Shaw Cable internet, 2mb down 100k up ...

Leave a comment:

• replied

I toggled "One Frame Thread Lag" and it didn't impact my controls at all. This image shows my ping on the populated Warfare servers I could find.
    Just a note; the ping reported in the server browser is often inaccurate. To check your ping in-game, type "STAT NET" in the console.

What kind of internet connection do you have? Because from BC, you should be able to have <100 ping on most North American servers, provided a decent internet connection. I'm from Quebec, and I ping at about 75 on Texas servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Argh. I cannot find a populated server where I get less than 200 ping. There's like a second delay in firing all weapons, and I'm getting even more destroyed than usual. Why is it even a free software game like Nexuiz can implement prediction, or Serious Sam from the 90's, but not UT3???? Getting tired of losing and thinking of moving on.
    Check the "OneFrameThreadLag" option, or change it in the .ini's

I believe it should be set to false, but try it - one you will be able to hit stuff, the other you have no chance at aiming.

Other than that (and you should be able to have 80-100ish ping from your location to all the populated servers) you cannot blame the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just take Link Gun and shoot on the ground with secondary fire. You can see the burned stuff and where you are aiming at...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we've talked about his recommendations before, there are still a few things he's missing
    Got a message from UTPlayer529th that he found what was "missing" on the wmclan.com website Warped created.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X