No announcement yet.

Hm... Excessive Shot Lag with Weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from what i know, the lag has a purpose. with no weapon lag and because of the server sided processing of weapon shots, every shot would have been different in speed in accordance to how fast the server can process it and how small your ping is. in other words, every shot would have a different speed depending on your ping fluctuations and server processing capabilities.

it would have been like having a different lag at every shot, also ppl with sligtly different pings would have had different weapon responses. the game would have sucked. so they introduced the weapon delay so that the server has time to do all the processing, and if he's done and the delay didn't pass, he waits for it. such, everybody with close pings have the same weapon lag, and ppl with huge ping differences have close weapon responses.

also, the server processing has the purpose of keeping cheaters away. without it, this game would be filled with hackers and it would totally suck. considering the admin would keep banning aimbotters, how would you prove wall hackers have the hack if they would only use it so see where everybody is, not to shoot through walls with it. so the real problem wouldnt actually be aimbotters cause they can be banned easly, the problem would be those who get huge advantages out of extremely hard to detect hacks.

so stop complaining about the weapon lag and be happy you don't have to play the game surrounded by losers with cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
      happens in PC offline too. only noticable with flack cannon
      I've never experienced the slightest delay online or offline, all my shots are millisecond-accurate even with 100 ping on internode servers.. but, lag OFFLINE? That is.... beyond f**king weird.

I'm using a Razer lachesis, god I love it so much.

Comment

Great, that means some people have a huge advantage then.

Comment

Originally posted by r4du1234 View Post
          so stop complaining about the weapon lag and be happy you don't have to play the game surrounded by losers with cheats.
          ^^^ I still feel like they are around... but like every other thing with this game, nothing is done, so like Lucius says, I stopped caring about such things.

Cheaters are losers with tiny genitalia.

Comment

Server sided netcode because of cheaters is probably the cheapest excuse I've ever heard.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
              Server sided netcode because of cheaters is probably the cheapest excuse I've ever heard.

Cheers!
              might be, but it works, how many aimbotters(like, real aimbotters) you saw so far, i only saw one. besides aimbotters, yeah, i feel like some ppl cheat as well with maphacks and other stuff, but who knows, it's still hackers free compared to other games...like CS >.>

also, what other hidden reason would they have had ?

Comment

It works because most aimbotters are pretty dumb.
                They don't even know the hoverboard.
                Look: There was a well-known aimbotter called "Geribaldi" (at least I'm very sure that was his name).
                He used the turret on Floodgate.
                Did the server sided netcode help?
                Of course not - he owned anyone.

There must be another reason that UT3 does not use a full client sided netcode.
                Too difficult?
                No idea, I'm not a coder, but I could imagine it's more difficult since even freeware games like Teeworlds use the server sided netcode.
                (No offense, just a discovery.)

A bit off-topic but as far as I know Pro Evolution Soccer also uses the server sided netcode.
                People complain that the online mode is unplayable.
                You shoot the ball and there is a delay.
                It would not make sense for this game that it is to prevent cheater actions.
                Maybe a client sided netcode is really more difficult than the server sided netcode.
                However, I doubt Epic is not able to change the netcode to client sided.
                But I don't know the true reason...

Cheers!

Comment

Aimbot is pretty lame tbh .... u see a guy moving as a bot head shoting u 1time , 2 time etc
                  At first time u think it s just luck but then u just become mad!!! It s so lame, it s not playing i don t know why some guys do that, just want say:LEARN PLAYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe you killed them too often and they got very angry, so their only solution is to use an aimbot.

Cheers!

Comment

hm i already faced like 10 aimbots and 2 speed hackers.
                      the game support IS DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD. can pls everyone except that.

Comment

It works because most aimbotters are pretty dumb.
                        They don't even know the hoverboard.
                        Look: There was a well-known aimbotter called "Geribaldi" (at least I'm very sure that was his name).
                        He used the turret on Floodgate.
                        Did the server sided netcode help?
                        Of course not - he owned anyone.

There must be another reason that UT3 does not use a full client sided netcode.
                        Too difficult?
                        No idea, I'm not a coder, but I could imagine it's more difficult since even freeware games like Teeworlds use the server sided netcode.
                        (No offense, just a discovery.)

A bit off-topic but as far as I know Pro Evolution Soccer also uses the server sided netcode.
                        People complain that the online mode is unplayable.
                        You shoot the ball and there is a delay.
                        It would not make sense for this game that it is to prevent cheater actions.
                        Maybe a client sided netcode is really more difficult than the server sided netcode.
                        However, I doubt Epic is not able to change the netcode to client sided.
                        But I don't know the true reason...

Cheers!
                        i never said there are no aimbotter, it's just that it's much harder to make an aimbot for a server sided game, much much harder i can tell you that for sure.

even so, this reason is basicly just a supposition, the weapon lag is because of the server sided handles, but why is the game server sided i don't know for sure, just presumed on various hints i saw here and there, it can be just a lame excuse...

i faced 2 speed hackers as well, nasty >.>

oh, well, human race has it's "mistakes"

Comment

Well, I doubt there are client-sided aimbots or server-sided aimbots.
                          There are just aimbots.
                          Your crosshair will automatically aim for an enemy.
                          If you really hit him, this is another story.
                          It will probably not work while moving.
                          But if the aimbotter stands still, he should easily hit you.
                          Sometimes it's a better that the community is not that big.
                          Aimbotters become famous very fast and it's no problem to ban them.

Honestly, I prefer to play without those delays instead of being on a safer side against cheaters.
                          If somebody needs cheats to defeat me, then he has already lost his honor
                          No netcode or plugin can ever stop a cheater.
                          (At least not always.)
                          That's why there are admins

Cheers!

Comment

If somebody needs cheats to defeat me, then he has already lost his honor
                            to bad you lose your fun as well

when you shoot the weapon, the coordinates of your shot are sent to the server, the server then checks it with the in-game world to see if it hits anything and seends back the data, which your computer has to decript, that contains the feed on what happened.

so you don't have the entire in-game world structure on your computer, just some feedback on specific data your computer needs to know, mostly to draw the image. to make an aimbot here, you would need to decript the data send by the server, check for the coordinates those data tell your computer to draw the player, and then, or resend data that you shoot on the direction of those coordinates,sending different data than normal, or make the game aim in that direction and manually shoot, this way sending normal data. the last one is safer because you don't send any other data than what the server usually receives and you can't get cought because you do everything on your computer.

i don't know for sure how to make maphacks on server sided games(unless you are the admin, then it's just like client handled games), but there are some back doors you can use, most likely a way to make the server not calculate walls and send you feed with everything you see in front, even if it's a wall in between. this implies sending other data than normal and you can be cought.

a client handled game on the other hand, has the entire world on it. a hacker only has to decript the data, and he knows everything about the match. he can tell for sure where anybody and anything is on the map and can send data that he shot and killed a player even if there are walls in between and that player is on the opposite side of his field of view. here, the server only sends the modifications to each computer and ties them together, but doesn't process absolutely everything that happens. decripting the data can't be hard since you have the code that decrits it on your computer >.>, so he can basicly do things the admin himself can't(unless the admin uses hacks).

things aren't so simple as i put them, by far, but this is the general idea and the difference between client and server handles.

EDIT: Other reason would be the fact that it's easier to make a server handled code since you just have to write the code that processes some specific data received from a client and sends everybody the same type of data but with a modified contect related to the received data. so the server received data from a computer, processes and sends back new field of view and everything. on client handled games, each client does this himself.

a client handled game needs an aditional code for the server that processes data with every modification, processes times for respawn and everything, and sends that data to all computers. so an aditional complicated code.

a server handled game uses less computer resources.

the downfall of server handled games is that it's more ping related since the client has to wait for the server at every step and the server needs better resources(like ram and processor) to function smoothly.

and thats about all i could think of :|

Comment

My quest to figure out the lag cost me a fortune. From 3 or maybe 4 different platforms to the Tweaker. Nothing worked. I started off on an FX60, tried an opteron, upgraded to a 3870 from a 1900XTX, (yes, there was an XTX) went to a dual core Wolfdale 8400, then a Q9300, added a 4870, swapped out the 3.4Ghz Q9300, went to a Q9650, overclocked the hell out of it (stabilized it at 4Ghz) added a h20 loop, thought it was my ethernet cable and tried a Cat6 500mhz cable....

The fix didn't cost me anything. Believe me its not hardware related or 100% game, maybe 30% game but not from poor coding. I suffered waaay too long to give it up, sorry.

im out, c u ingame

Comment

Warped made a pretty generous offer with regards to helping players out with settings setup. He does have experience in spades! When I first met up with him, I felt like both my settings and equipment were as dialed in as possible. Turns out I learned a few more things from our conversations.

Comment

Working...
                                X