No announcement yet.

Hm... Excessive Shot Lag with Weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone needs help, like Warped_Out said, you can find most of the UT "veterans" on IRC.

Feel free to message me for help too. I don't know everything either, but, if I can help I will.

You can message me at twitter too below

Comment

What really stinks is when I try to load my rockets up, go about my business only to have them randomly fire off at the most inappropiate times when I'm facing a wall or something else nearby. I guess it's another connection/lag issue, because it happens often and it's not my fault.

Comment

I think Epic could solve the problem by changing the netcode from "server authority" to "client authority".
        Even with pings of <50 you will have a delay/lag with the current netcode.

I cannot understand why they don't want to use another technique!
        Is it really that difficult?

Greets

Comment

We'd just need enough people to support that.

Comment

There is a mutator 'zeroping' that does that, but I think it's only for instagib.

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=278764

I'm actually against client authority, as I have a decent ping to the servers I play on

Comment

I vote no because i dont feel the lag at all... maybe because i played too many silly other game engines. i tell u... please BE HAPPY with this... else u can check out other shooters... u'll see this system is uber.

Comment

Interesting post here http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33820957 about netcode various solutions and problems with them.

Comment

Tick rate too low?

May be related with this (utengine.ini)

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
                  MaxClientRate=15000
                  MaxInternetClientRate=10000
                  RelevantTimeout=5.0
                  SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
                  ServerTravelPause=4.0
                  NetServerMaxTickRate=30
                  LanServerMaxTickRate=35
                  IdleServerTickRate=30

Instead of playing offline, how about testing by playing on you own server? Change the ini, host a game and join.

Comment

Here is another one:

http://unreal.epicgames.com/Network.htm

Comment

Client side makes it too easy for cheaters. Don't get off topic, not trying to kick a hornet's nest here, just saying, keep it server side, let the admins and thier software be the boss.

Comment

Hi there. Frequent player of some of the mentioned DM and TDM servers. UMGLeauge sometimes etc. I have to say, if its just a few people in the server the server feels responsive; shots are less delayed. As soon as 4 or more players, I notice a difference.

Q9650 @ 4.2Ghz under custom H20
                        Maximus II Formula - sucks 480fsb is my max with 8.5 multi - UD3 pwns the 775lga crown
                        1280x1024 19" 2ms & 4870 all low settings
                        Vista U. 64 -
                        DMZ zone enabled and ports 7777 & 6500 are forwarded

I say there is still something wrong somewhere. I stopped buying Computer hardware because I don't believe its my machine anymore. I've bought another mobo (UD3R,) another Q9650, and more custom water cooling pieces driven by the aggravation that is simply lag. But what I don't get is how can a guy with a 140 ping pwn!?? And against good players... something is a miss here

Comment

I compared campaign mode against online mode, and all the weapons fire instantly offline, but have varying amounts of lag online. I'm not a great player, and the expense of having to lead my shots makes me that much worse. I've gone through a lot of trouble to get UT3 working on the various systems I have it for, and I'm still not having much fun getting destroyed because my shots don't go where I aim.

Comment

i myself consider the flak and igib rifle extremely laggy. i cant hit **** with them. shock prime and sniper are fine though imo.

well since the game is a huge bug anyway, i stopped caring about such stuff, because it wont change anyway.

Comment

Yep there is a noticeable lag with the weapons but I guess it is too late to change anything as most players have adapted to the lag

Comment

It will never be changed... I'm 99,9% sure.
                                It's the netcode, no chance!
                                Shots are server-sided, not client-sided.
                                Unless all players have a super fast Internet connection and the servers are extreme high-end machines, this problem will always exist.
                                Maybe in some years^^

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X