No announcement yet.

Hm... Excessive Shot Lag with Weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may be have LCD monitor output lag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Output_lag

Then on advanced settings, there's "Disable one thread lag". One setting gives more fps, the other reduces mouse lag.

Comment

Ehh I've tried on both an LCD and CRT display, and it's the same on both.
      It's about .25 s lag with the shock rifle in instant action and about .3 on a server with 60 ping.
      I also tried binding fire to the keyboard and it's the same.
      It'd hella annoying :/

Comment

Originally posted by Liqu1D_133 View Post
        Ehh I've tried on both an LCD and CRT display, and it's the same on both.
        It's about .25 s lag with the shock rifle in instant action and about .3 on a server with 60 ping.
        I also tried binding fire to the keyboard and it's the same.
        It'd hella annoying :/
        Yep, I'm running a CRT at 800x600@100hz I don't play with LCDs for the very reason the other guy mentioned: low refresh/input lag

Comment

I'll just say that I think the weapon set is the best we've had. But it does seem that the asmd and instagib rifle shoot slower than in 2004. Noticed it when the game first came out and it was so much harder to hit in instagib. Also playing off line with a crt.

Comment

Fire rate ut2k4 | ut3:

LG/Sniper: 1.45 s | 1.21 s
            Rockets: 1.22/s | 1.1/s
            Flak Prim: 0.81 s | 1.00 s
            Shock Prim: 0.64 s | 0.70 s

Just a bit of info from http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Category:Weapons

Comment

Well I wouldn't correlate lag between mouse click and actual shot fired and firing rate (speed at which you can shoot one round after the other), or any of them with accuracy.

Comment

I definitely feel the lag online, and that is the MAJOR deterrent for me. I stick to offline solely for this reason and it's saddening. I've played other online games at around 100 ping, and I feel no such lag, because the netcode or whatever it is that's programmed in those games (like Call of Duty 4, or any of the Valve games) makes up for it somehow.

As far back as I can remember, UT has always had lag issues when clicking the mouse and seeing the effect.

Comment

Thats true but I definitely feel it a lot more in UT3 than I did with UT2004. Especially with Hitscan weapons.

Comment

Well, in UT2k4 the lag/fps-limited problems can be solved by upping your netspeed from 10000 to 15000

Just type "netspeed 15000" in the console and that will help significantly.

In UT3 I upping the netspeed might help (not sure if you can), but this problem involves not just netspeed... it is something else entirely.

Comment

Idem i noticed this very annoying "lag" esp. in betrayal too, actually it seems like the shoot and the guy burst sthg like 0.5 s later like Botox said, i think patch is the cause coz i hadn't these probs before i think. :/ .

Comment

It's jarring sometimes to come from a game with near flawless netcode (TF2) to one where you have to compensate your hitscan shots when gunning for a moving player (UT3)

Comment

Originally posted by PATSCRU View Post
                          It's jarring sometimes to come from a game with near flawless netcode (TF2) to one where you have to compensate your hitscan shots when gunning for a moving player (UT3)
                          Valve's been always good with the netcode, but both CS(S) and TF2 have very slow and limited movement (except for the Scout, which DOES have massive hitbox issues). On top of that, unlike CS, TF2 requires absolutely minimal aiming skills except for the Sniper and Demo. Basically, anyone coming from any decent FPS can be considered skillcapped in aiming and movement, you can only improve your teamplay, map knowledge, general tactics, all of which is independent of the netcode.

Comment

Yeah I felt it from the begining, in ut2004 I loved using shock and LG, now I feel dirty using that much the rocket, flak and stinger ><

Comment

Originally posted by El_Harto View Post
                              Yeah I felt it from the begining, in ut2004 I loved using shock and LG, now I feel dirty using that much the rocket, flak and stinger ><
                              Needs must ...sadly

Comment

heh, stinger is hitscan too though right? Though easier to compensate since its continuous.

Comment

Working...
                                X