Cold harbour second method of attacking core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold harbour second method of attacking core

Normally i can figure out all the tricks of a map myself but this one has me stumped, when i control the countdown node the enemy manages to still do damage to my core (15-20 dam, cant remember). Does it have something to do with the hillside node?
    I tend to ignore that one and concentrate on the bottom air nodes and countdown node.

Love the new titan pack, been whoring ut3 since its release, warfare/greed + titan is too much fun

I don't like that map just because you can't hit the core yourself, you have to rely on the countdown node.
    But here it is: the more nodes you control, the more damage the countdown does to the core, can't remember all the different combinations, but off the top of my head I think if you control all the nodes when it reaches zero then you do 25 damage.

Comment

No he's saying the enemy does damage to his core even when he holds the node. Don't think you are supposed to be able to.

Comment

Man I noticed the exact same thing. I was playing this guy 1v1 (we each had a bot player also) and I got the 2 corner nodes and middle hill node controlled.. then we fought back and forth over the hilltop node.. what frustrated me was when he initiated the countdown it would inevitably do like 20 or 25 damage to my core.. and when I controlled it, even if I held it through the whole countdown it would do 0 damage. This seems like bs to me, although I never practiced the map offline or anything before that game and he no doubt had played it many times.

Comment

I just spectated a botmatch on this map and noticed that a couple times the defense gun failed to destroy all incoming missiles, which led to that core taking some damage.

Comment

I have a feeling its a bug too, was hoping there would be some super l33t strat to learn.

Powersurge also had the same problem when it was released, kismet was bugged so the countdown node did random amount of damage to enemy core and would also self damage the teams own core, this would cause havoc in clan wars as you can imagine.

Comment

Powersurge is still bugged afaik. Chances it's kismet being stupid is high

Comment

Working...
              X