Ut3 Several Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 Several Errors

I have purchased the game on steam and installed it but when I try playing on "Multiplayer" there always appears a window that says "connection error" on every server I try so I haven't been able to play on anyone. Also I sometimes get a window that informs me of an error telling me that i cannot host games and to enable DMZ. Trying to play on the single player mode with the bots the mouse always turns to one side and just get's stuck that way.

I would like to know how I could solve this since I have purchased this game and I have no idea if I can get a refund if it doesn't work. I case nobody here knows how could I contact or who to get an answer to my problem or see if there's anyway to get a refund because I wouldn't be interested in keeping a game that I cannot use.

Thanx and I hope someone can help me find a solution.

Originally posted by kursk View Post
    I have purchased the game on steam and installed it but when I try playing on "Multiplayer" there always appears a window that says "connection error" on every server I try so I haven't been able to play on anyone.
    This comes from the troubleshooting FAQ:
    Connection Failed: Some customers are experiencing great difficulty connecting to servers, often resulting in a 'connection failed' error message. Many, once they applied the beta patch, can connect to the UMG deathmatch server, but no other.
    Solution: On ASUS motherboards (and potentially others) updating your integrated LAN hardware's drivers have solved this issue.
    Solution: If it takes you more than 30 seconds to load a map, the default servers will timeout and believe your client dropped. Things that can improve loadtime are disabling custom characters in the settings menu, increasing the amount of RAM in the system, and upgrading to a fast CPU.

Originally posted by kursk
    Also I sometimes get a window that informs me of an error telling me that i cannot host games and to enable DMZ.
    This one can be a pain with some routers. I've seen this post on the steam forum:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=820331
    Go to Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

Find those lines in UTEngine.ini file:
    StunServerAddress=stunserver.org
    StunServerAddress=stun.xten.com

Put anything you want after the =. For example:

StunServerAddress=ut3rocks
    StunServerAddress=ut3rocks

Trying to play on the single player mode with the bots the mouse always turns to one side and just get's stuck that way.
    I had that problem once. iirc it went away when I disconnected the mouse and connected to another USB port

Comment

I followed your steps and now everything works perfectly, Thanx for your help

Comment

Working...
      X