Need help on: How to Get "awards"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on: How to Get "awards"

-I've had the patch and pack since it came out, and i still cant figure out how to get any of the awards. Ive tried with no mutators, and no custom character, nothing works. I want to get those **** awards!!
    - i need help please.

Are you also using Steam? The awards are only available thru Steam. I don't use it, so I can't be more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
      Are you also using Steam? The awards are only available thru Steam. I don't use it, so I can't be more specific.
      Really?
      So what is this then

[shot]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff121/inoutbox/awards.jpg[/shot]
      click on community then on Awards

doesn't everybody get that page?.
      I have an account with steam, and did regester the game with them, but that was on a different Hard drive,
      since then I have reformatted and reinstall without Steam, as I didn't like the software.
      Confused..

Comment

heh. I guess I do have that page. I never bothered to look for it, since I'm not particularly interested and assumed it wouldn't be there. Everything on mine is either "incomplete" or zero. Dunno whether there should be some non-zero items or not.

The only stats I am interested in are the ones that were available at the end of each map in UT2004...what did everyone do in the just finished map?...and my interest in them is as ephemeral as those stats themselves. Unfortunately, UT3 does not provide that information.

Comment

Well, yeah, they're there, but if you want to see the awards, you need steam.

Comment

You don't need steam at all.

The awards can unlock just fine without a trace of steam on your machine.

Not sure what's going on with the OP though. I've got a fair amount of custom mutators installed (including the latest MM) and as long as I'm not using any of them, the awards progress and unlock no problem.

Which did you install first, the patch or the pack?
            *hair-brained scheme*-> You might try reinstalling. Try getting rid of all custom content, reinstalling, then patch->pack, then try the awards before any custom stuff is added.

Comment

i got the patch on first, then the pack. Everything else works fine. Also, wtf is steam? never heard of it. And thanks shadow dancer, but i dont feel like taking everything off just to put it all back on again. id rather find another solution. maybe if sum1 tells me what steam is and where it is, maybe ill try that.
              -sry if this all sounds kinda arrogant, totally not intended to.

Comment

Working...
              X