DemoSlomo, How do I use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DemoSlomo, How do I use it?

I found out that the UT3 Patch 2.0 comes with 2 new console commands, DemoFF and DemoSlomo. I'm more interested in the slomo command for frapsing purposes.

Can someone tell me ways in which I can use DemoSlomo and how to edit my UTInput.ini file to get it working?

Thanks,
    -Neil

I've bound three keys for this. These go anywhere in the top part of UTInput.ini, under [Engine.PlayerInput].

Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="demoff")
    Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="demoslomo 1")
    Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="demoslomo .5")

You can change the NumPad keys to whatever keys you want them to be bound to. 'demoslomo 1' returns it to normal speed. 'demoslomo .5' is half as slow. You can change the .5 to be whatever you want.

You can also create a demorec keybind like: Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="demorec %td-%m-%p")

%td = time/date
    %m = map (doesn't work - always lists UTFrontend)
    %p = player name you're logged in as

Comment

Thanks. Very helpful.

I tried binding something to NumPadZero but it didn't work, is there a special name for the numpad0? I haven't tried any of the above binds you listed, so I don't know if those work with numpad zero or not, but I do know that I tried it with a different bind some days ago and it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
        Thanks. Very helpful.

I tried binding something to NumPadZero but it didn't work, is there a special name for the numpad0? I haven't tried any of the above binds you listed, so I don't know if those work with numpad zero or not, but I do know that I tried it with a different bind some days ago and it didn't work.
        Give bclagge's keybinding tutorial a look if you're having trouble: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=648967

If NumPadZero is bound to something else, you'll have to clear that out first. Also, num lock might need to be on for numpad keybindings; so make sure that's on.

Comment

also pressing demoff more than 1 time toggles between 2x, 4x and 1x.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
            also pressing demoff more than 1 time
            you mean double-clicking?

Comment

Originally posted by DrFish View Post
              you mean double-clicking?
              The first time you hit demoff, it'll play the demo back at 2x speed. If you hit demoff again, it'll begin playing back at 4x speed. If you hit it again, it switches back to normal play speed. Repeat.

Comment

try the arrow keys. for me they speed it up, slow it down, pause it, and bring it back to normal speed. the annoying thing is that there are no crosshairs

Comment

Originally posted by cdiddy View Post
                  try the arrow keys. for me they speed it up, slow it down, pause it, and bring it back to normal speed. the annoying thing is that there are no crosshairs
                  I'm going to guess that you have RypelCam installed, because those are the default controls for it. However, RypelCam doesn't seem to work with demos recorded under the new patch. At least it doesn't for me.

Anyone know if Rypel is working on an update? RypelCam's demo controls are much, much better than what Epic has given us.

EDIT: Rypel _is_ working on an update for RypelCam! From the shoutbox on his site, "RypeL: a 2.0 compatible version is in the works"

Comment

yes i do have rypel cam but i didn't no i did lol. i downloaded it but then i never figured out how to use it. is there a way to bring up a menu or anything?

Comment

And thankfully in UT3 when you go to 4x mode it doesn't flake out after a while like it did in UT2004. (At least, hasn't happened for me yet)

Comment

Working...
                      X