X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for new Graphics settings in UT3

Check this out:

under advanced graphics in the settings tab of UT3:

Uncheck disable composite lights. Now when you enter a dark room you will note in both first and therd person that your model will show up darker and dimmed. Then when you enter a bright room you will stand out and be lighted like a flare. (works on vehicles too!)

It truly helps show off UT3s lighting engine and smooths out gameplay for those on GTX cards. BTW: Playing UT3s new Darkmatch map is great now because every shot lights up the map around you!

Another setting to boost performance in UT3 thats now in the advanced settings is the fallowing:

disable hidden distortions: IE if you have a lower end PC I highly recommend this setting be enabled! what it dose is tells UT3 to turn off the distortion effects when needed (gives a major boost in performance for those on older cards)

Disable bloom: another setting that should be turned off for the best lighting effects!

Lens flare: This is a new one and it looks great in UT3! Makes it look just like the Screenshots! You look into the sun and you see full lens flare! Awsome!

I dont even know what composite lights are.

Comment

Originally posted by sKr1p7k1dd View Post
      I dont even know what composite lights are.
      You didn't at least get an idea of what it does from what he just typed?

Comment

Working...
      X