X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unban me taffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
      TS if you're interested in helping me admin let me know and I'll also send you a WebAdmin link and pswd. This is a bit much for me to handle all at once as I did not thnk it would be this much of an issue.

Thanks.
      I was in there the other day teaching some guy how to knock a power up off me (he was trying to kill me with right click hammer.. lol). I guess he didn't know how to type cause he wouldn't type back to me... but he was listening to what I was saying...

Telling him to grab shield and stuff. I think it's fun to teach new guys things. Oh, and if you see me with high k/d ratio, it's probably because I'm killing bots when there aren't more than 4 real players in there. I don't kill the new guys.

Comment

mind if i hop in there a few times. im not new but i havent played in a while. if not ill drop by in spec and help out with some stuff ino although its very lil currently in ut3 since i just got back into playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xellos View Post
          unban me taffy.
          riiiiiiight ...shame on you

Originally posted by LeaderX View Post
          I was in there the other day teaching some guy how to knock a power up off me (he was trying to kill me with right click hammer.. lol). I guess he didn't know how to type cause he wouldn't type back to me... but he was listening to what I was saying...

Telling him to grab shield and stuff. I think it's fun to teach new guys things. Oh, and if you see me with high k/d ratio, it's probably because I'm killing bots when there aren't more than 4 real players in there. I don't kill the new guys.
          Yeah, it's fun to see a server full of new players going at it. There is a definite need for this type of server. A place where lower skilled players can learn maps/weapons/pickups without getting totally dominated.

Only problem I have is trying to define "new player". There seems to be a lot of players who are not really new, but would like to play there for whatever reason. We have a lot of servers to play on but for some reason they're attracted to this one lol.

Maybe more players would play if we had servers dedicated to certain skill levels? Maybe players feel more comfortable having the option to play other players on their own skill level?

Originally posted by »Wârlørd« View Post
          mind if i hop in there a few times. im not new but i havent played in a while. if not ill drop by in spec and help out with some stuff ino although its very lil currently in ut3 since i just got back into playing it.
          Sure you can warlord, just go easy on'em

Comment

Originally posted by LeaderX View Post

Telling him to grab shield and stuff. I think it's fun to teach new guys things.
            Post of the day

Comment

Hey Flak, how about starting up a "mentor program" for new players who want to learn some advanced UT gaming?

America's Army does this, and it's pretty much a success: http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=289632

Comment

I could help some new guys out, too.

Just joined the server.
                It's in the US, and I'm connecting from Europe. Ping was not that bad, though. Around 150. Could manage with that.

If you see my name ([KInt]DrFish) on the player list, chat me up. I'll try to teach whatever you want to learn. Mostly Deathmatch and UT-Netiquette, though.
                I'm not very experienced in Warfare.

See you on the battlefield!

Comment

i wholly endorse this thread, and taffy's efforts to nurture this community.

Comment

=). Ill go easy for sure, last nigt i was messing round and som1 hopped in the server. i asked if he was new ( ofc he had to be since i never got a reply ) so i jus got close to him and let him shoot at me. i did kill him ofc and sadly he left after that. =(

I support a mentor program also.

Comment

In 2k4 we had a Community Reload program going with several other clans just for training noobs,many ended up joining 1 or the other.It had it's own website for questions and to know when and which server.There just doesn't seem to be enough interest in UT3 like the 2k4 days,at least not yet.

http://www.h-townmadness.com/communi...rtal/index.php

Comment

There seems to be a need for a server like this, it's just very hard to admin.

As far as interest, take a look at the history. The server is a 14 player server and is being used until the wee hours of the morning

http://www.game-monitor.com/ut3_Game...o-History.html

Comment

i was in there owning some n00bz last night fun **** .. but you should make it a 32 player 100 tick woohooo

Comment

Originally posted by ryty View Post
                            i was in there owning some n00bz last night fun **** .. but you should make it a 32 player 100 tick woohooo
                            I don't think this was what Taffy intended the server for... Want to get yourself banned... go right ahead.

BTW - Credit for setting this server up.

Comment

Experienced players can prolly change their clan tag to something specific so new players will know hes there to help.

Imo you cant get much better playing with guys skilled as you are. You wont be forced to find out what you are doing wrong and change it.

I think 2-3 guys out of 14 should be good players telling stuff like :"I killed you cause you are walking in a straight line and you make the perfect target.Move like trying to avoid fire even if you dont see anyone attacking you..bla bla" etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X