DM Training Grounds - New Players only server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM Training Grounds - New Players only server

Don't know how much use this will be, but I have a spare server laying around, and thought I'd setup a new player DM server, at least for the free weekend.

Server is a stock DM server with no mutator voting. 3 novice bots if you're the only one on the server.

Training Grounds - NEW PLAYERS ONLY SERVER - Chicago

There is no way of insuring that only players below a certain skill level can join, but I can check on it every now and then to make sure the skill level is consistent.

We will see how it goes, and if there is a demand for it I'll keep it up longer than the weekend.

I'll try to get some of my friends to DL the game and drop by this weekend, your server always seem to play smoothly even when I'm pinging 150+ms

Comment

not a good idea to post that here.
      then hardcore peeps join and make people rage quit ;p

Comment

well where shut he post it then too get pll at the server

Comment

I'm hosting a newbie warfare server. I just made it so nobody on yet.

67.182.210.228:7777

Comment

Wow, first time I check and 9 players are on

I'm hoping that experienced players will respect the new players and not join. If experienced players join they're doing the community a big injustice. We need give new players a chance to get up to speed.

Having said that, kick voting is enabled, and I will be checking on it as often as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sKr1p7k1dd View Post
              I'm hosting a newbie warfare server. I just made it so nobody on yet.

67.182.210.228:7777

Great !!

Comment

bump

10chars

Comment

I saw other threads about servers for ut3 new players. It would be nice if a good players spent 10-15 mins in the server to teach some stuff.

Comment

This server is going much better than I expected. The server has been heavily populated the entire night thus far.

I have banned 3 players so far, they've all had at least a k:d of 7:1 after only 3 minutes or so. Come'on guys, we can't expect new players to stay around if we just keep kicking the **** out of them.

99% of the players are in fact new players so I'm happy to see that.

gg

Comment

Was in there tonight, only thing I seen was a **** load of bots set on godlike.
                      Lose the bots that will drive new peeps off faster then any good players.

Good luck

Comment

There are only 3 bots when there is only one player. They leave as new players enter. So, there will be a max of 3 bots, and they are on skill level 1.

You must have been on a different server.

Comment

Server is a big success. This free weekend is attracting a lot of players.

I'm a bit disappointed because I had to ban at least 10 players, including a couple players I recognized. It looks like I'm going to have spend a lot of time adminning tonight.

Overall, I'm feeling much better about this weekend than last. The promotion is working much better this go around.

Comment

Ok. I'm going to start naming names.

xDBS was just banned with a 20:0 k:d.

wtf are you guys doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                              Don't know how much use this will be, but I have a spare server laying around, and thought I'd setup a new player DM server, at least for the free weekend.

Server is a stock DM server with no mutator voting. 3 novice bots if you're the only one on the server.

Training Grounds - NEW PLAYERS ONLY SERVER - Chicago

There is no way of insuring that only players below a certain skill level can join, but I can check on it every now and then to make sure the skill level is consistent.

We will see how it goes, and if there is a demand for it I'll keep it up longer than the weekend.

I need to learn some things. Think I'll stop by. J/K... but I wouldnt' mind going in there and taking it easy.. being able to answer questions. "Where's the shield belt on this map?" "How do I throw grenades." Etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X