Game Data Corruption [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
    My game data was corrupted, which them was deleted. Player data is not part of game data, not sure why you think this?

On the ps3 you have two folders. One is game data that stores all installed data for a game. In this case the installed game and mods. Then you have another folders which is your save data folder. The save data is what stores your player profile. It is a separate file and in no relation to the game data file....
    I know all of this. But you would get the same message if you downloaded a EU save data file and used it with a US game disc. I tried to cover that up for you, but I guess your problem wasn't related to this.

Comment

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
      And that right there is the big problem.
      Would be smart of Epic if they added a feature to the mod browser which would let you scan your content for 2.0 compatibility and then notify you (with an icon) which content is broken. But I guess this is way to much to ask.

Comment

Wasn't the patch not due until the 19th?.....I'll check it out later when I get home.

EDIT: I ask because I have both pc and ps3 versions but I've been playing just on pc...but on ps3 just killzone 2 on elite

Comment

Originally posted by LordMetzen View Post
          Wasn't the patch not due until the 19th?.....I'll check it out later when I get home.
          I was... but it came earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Eew View Post
            I was... but it came earlier.
            Thanks for the reply man, can't wait to try it on the ps3 lol, I just loved the game.

Comment

patch now, expansion pack later..... right?

Comment

Correct.

Hopefully they can smooth over problems with this patch soon so we can just move forward from here.

Comment

From what I can tell, improperly cooked content can corrupt your entire PS3 Game Data file.

I am working on a level right now, and even though it worked fine under the older versions, after I updated everything and re-cooked for PS3, it loads, crashes, and promptly destroys the PS3 game data. It's become such an incredible pain to reinstall everything that I'm not going to bother making a PS3 version of my map anymore.

If anyone from Epic is interested, I can provide the offending file.

Comment

I have yet to install the new patch for the PS3. Should I just delete the mods I currently have installed and then install the patch or delete the entire Game Data folder for UT3 before patching?

Comment

Working...
                    X