Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Northrawn View Post
    Did he type that way for 911 posts??? Time to call the doctor.
    i have call the docter he say i am fine lol

its sad but true pll have made costumgame type for ut3 like ut3dom ons 2.0 bad many pll dont no that becous there only look General Chat
    there is more in this forum
    its even hqard too find costummaps server

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Northrawn View Post
    Did he type that way for 911 posts???
    He has a point though. DOM was community made, and I only know 2 players, me and him. This after all the rants about the content Epic "removed" (yeah removed, game types and content doesn't need to be remade, they magically port themselves )

Fortunately it doesn't happen like that with maps, lots of customs are played: Downtown, Floodgate, Islander, Avalanche, Downtown, Tank Crossing, Islander, Torlan, Floodgate, Downtown, Avalanche, Serenity, Floodgate, Downtown ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guessing they just didn't have the time to program, add voices for and create events for specific maps to make them all unique (like old school assault). The advantage (I'm guessing from the creators POV) when you have a gametype that revolves around nodes, is you just rearrange the nodes differently for each map, then animate something different when an important node is captured.

Saves them the time of thinking of where objectives are, where to lead the player to (right now it's just "the next node after the one you're captured), scripting and animating unique events for each map etc.

Long story short, I'm GUESSING recreating old school assault would take to much time from a developers standpoint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fully working voicepacks and Assault mode, what could be better.
    Indeed, bring back Assault maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
    why there shut make a new Assault for ut3 effen ut3 dom never get the pll play online its a wast of time too get pll play costum game type so i dont see the poind of makking Assault game type for ut3 so wakke up att this forum pll dont whand costum game type or Assault pll dont like too download
    Did he type that way for 911 posts??? Time to call the doctor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, i remember Convoy on UT2004, that was a great one. It was funny playing with bots (10 vs 10) on god mode for the attackers as soon as they emerged it was bang bang bang dead with sniper head shots one after the other, or multiple going down at once.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
    Well since Steve Polge pretty much said, "We considered bringing Assault back but decided not to." in a video I saw I'm afraid you won't see Assault in UT3, at least, not officially.
    this and,
    well we had a custom community-made Assault on ut2003.. wasn't very popular though. Then Epic brought it back on ut2004, so... I just hope that this may be a pattern, if you know what I mean

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hehew yh mn i ttlly uhgree. ppl nd 2 WAYK UHP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why there shut make a new Assault for ut3 effen ut3 dom never get the pll play online its a wast of time too get pll play costum game type so i dont see the poind of makking Assault game type for ut3 so wakke up att this forum pll dont whand costum game type or Assault pll dont like too download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think Assault is a great project for the community to produce.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well since Steve Polge pretty much said, "We considered bringing Assault back but decided not to." in a video I saw I'm afraid you won't see Assault in UT3, at least, not officially.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Bring back Assault game mode?

Bring back Assault game mode?

What do you guys think? This is one of the things I found so exciting about the original UT. I especially loved AS-Overlord, it was like a futuristic version of WW2 Normandy Beach landing (d-day). I loved how you got out of the boat and straight away you see team mates drop to snipers in the towers. Once you get past those you had to go through a boiler room and make your way around. Each time you reached a specific point/completed a sub-objective, you spawned from that location from that point on.

I always felt it was a shame that this mode went missing in UT3. What about you guys?
Working...
X