No announcement yet.

the bots?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell them to attack as soon as the round starts, then before they get in a levi, tell them to cover you once they are away from the levi spawn area, works most of the time. maybe try upping the bot skill level and they might get smarter? dunno about that tho

Comment

Thanks guys, glad to see I'm not the only one that struggles with the bot's ineptitude.
      I think I'm going to have to make sure I get in the leviathan whenever it spawns... I will be wasting node building time but I need to get that thing into the open so the enemies can blow it up, lol.
      Pretty dumb, but my bots are a waste of space when using it, and I'm already heavily out numbered player count wise. I'm playing on Hard so my bots should theoretically be good, but they aren't and I'm getting creamed by dark walkers and furys, running about with usually nothing more than a hoverboard because we have no vehicles.
      I don't have any problems with the bots in any other gametype, they can be as useless as they want but I carry them through. But in warfare, you NEED at least someone to try and hold the node from ball runners so you can attack the core.

Comment

Grab the Leviathan yourself. If a bot is driving, press 1 to take control. Drive the Leviathan to a good spot, then either deploy it or press 5 to jump in the uber pwnage turret and suppress your enemies.

Meanwhile, if only just one of your teammates runs around they'll capture all the nodes. If they all jump into the Leviathan you'll have to do the work yourself, but at least you can drive 'em to where they can provide some serious backup.

The Attack, Defend and Hold This Position commands don't really seem to do a lot. Bots will mostly follow their own instincts anyway. They'll obey the Cover Me command pretty well, though.

Comment

I'd split the team in 2: "Attack" and "Cover Me". The ones that attack will slow down the opponent and give you a bit more time to do whatever you need.

And type "addredbots 4" on the console if a map is becoming really really frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
            yea warfare is annoying... especially when you have those countdown nodes that do floods, always have to take those..
            True, that's why I hate the campain: the Warfare missions are such a pain in the *** to do...

Comment

The bots are pretty annoying in every team based mode.

I played normal CTF with them, as part of the single player, every one of them 3 times over said "ENEMY FLAG CARRIER IS HERE, IN THE BLUE BASE!"

Well... ****ING SHOOT THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by WCarnation View Post
                The bots are pretty annoying in every team based mode.

I played normal CTF with them, as part of the single player, every one of them 3 times over said "ENEMY FLAG CARRIER IS HERE, IN THE BLUE BASE!"

Well... ****ING SHOOT THEM!
                Lol @ the last line. Yeah the campaign is frustrating to play. The OT I had against the Krall on Kargo lasted almost as long as regulation time.

Comment

Also, is there anyway to get a bot to drop the flag or suicide in the campaign, they never leg it straight back to the flag, they often go on little detours to get a +5 health vial or something, it drives me nuts watching them take the slowest route possible when I would have capped it ages ago.
                  It's also highly annoying when a bot dies and drops it and you try and grab it but another bot gets it first, feel like shooting them in the head.

Comment

Working...
                  X