the bots?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bots?!!!!

I got this game the other day as I now have a PC capable of running it, and now I'm playing through single player.
    I want to know, how the hell can I get the bots to help me in Warfare, if there is a leviathan on my team I may as well just jump off a cliff until we inevitably lose, because my bots will just sit in that god **** thing and no matter how much i command them they WILL NOT BLOODY HELP ME!!!!!!! 99% of the time they set it up IN MY BASE and leave me on my frigging own to try and capture nodes...it just can't be done single handedly because as soon as I have captured them and go to shoot the core, the nodes get retaken because there was no one there to back me up.
    How can i 1 shot kill that useless pile of **** leviathan so that my bots can stop drinking tea and playing poker inside it's protective walls and come help my futile efforts?!!!
    grrrr

Open the console by pressing F10 and type in "god" and you can't die. I've heard some people say they've had to do that on some Warfare levels in the campaign because the bots are so useless.

Also, make sure you update the game to patch 2.0. They've made tons of improvements to bot AI since the release of the game. If you're on a console, I believe you have a patch as well, I'm just not aware how to get that one.

Comment

There is a menu that allows you to instruct the bots to do take on certain roles. They aren't very good at team play in general, but that should help you out a bit.

Comment

but you cant get the award typing god in the console
        bots are that useless i see no way to instruct them to make them of any use tbh...

Comment

Make them defense and take the offensive?

Comment

move the leviathan to where you want get out and do ur normal node bustin and the bots in the levi will kill anyone who goes near it you are correct though they are kind retarded i was beating the campaign on insane (ps3) and they somehow parked the leviathan by my score and got it stuck and they were all sitting in it..was really retarded... lmao i will say we did lose that because it was me vs a darkwalk and fury the entire match lol i played again and moved the leviathan myself and we won after that

Comment

I have found that if they are camped out in your base with the Levi, get on your hoverboard and grapple on. This will cause them to pack up and move out. What they do after that though, I haven't paid attention to where they drive it. It's usually destroyed pretty quick for me afterwards.

Comment

I generally order the bots to Attack. At the very least this gets the one bot, who thinks "Got your back" means getting underfoot while standing around doing nothing other than watching me die, out of my hair.

Comment

Thats the main issue I have with Warfare. Trying to do everything myself while fighting the entire enemy team (which, oddly enough, seems more than capable of doing everything they're supposed to with no trouble at all) while my own bots are often no-where to be seen.

Comment

yea warfare is annoying... especially when you have those countdown nodes that do floods, always have to take those..

Comment

Generally, in CTF and WAR it seems to me that having them all Attack, while I Defend, works better (but not necessarily well) than leaving them to their own devices. Telling one or two to defend the flag seems to result in them hanging out in the flag room chatting over tea while the other team steals the flag.

Comment

Do you have the New patch and the Titan pack? The bots AI was greatly improved in the last patch. Set your bots skill to adept and you'll be surprised how human like they act. They still get stupid in some maps but theres really no way around that.

Comment

I haven't played any Campaign since getting the patch/pack and haven't played enuf CTF or WAR to comment on the improved AI.

The thing that I have noticed (TDM) is that, in IA, with the Titan Mutator enabled, Novice bots play as badly as ever (novice-bot style, standing around waiting to get shot, bad aim, etc)...on-line, also with the Titan Mutator, changing the bots from Adept to Novice seems to have almost no effect on their skillz; it makes them a little easier, but not much.

Comment

If you're in the campaign, you can jump into the Levi and press 1, and you will automatically boot the bot out of the driver seat. From then, you can move it as you will (or get it destroyed if you really want to). If you're driving a Levi with bots in it, if you get out, the bots should get out too. That should work if you wanted to get them out of there.

Comment

Set the bots to defence, get yourself a fast vehicle and just build nodes/destroy core. Try and avoid fighting with enemy bots when possible.

Or just play online.

Comment

Working...
                              X