Betrayal Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betrayal Suggestion

I love this new game mode but there are there is one thing that is really frustrating. And that is not finding the ******* who betrayed you. Ecspecially in large maps. Could we possibly get a radar to the person that betrayed you? I know that makes it harder for the rogue player to get away but thats the penalty for betraying. Its far to easy to get away as it is.

Hmm, good question. I suppose it would make it more intense to have some kind of indicator to see the Rogue's position. Not sure about it being a radar though. Maybe just a simple 3d arrow? And it's not like they would lose all the points they got from the betrayal.

Eh, I'm indifferent towards this but I voted for the first option. (I know how you feel about not finding that **** Rogue )

Comment

It's already instagib which makes it ridiculously easy to kill anyway, rogue or not.

Personally I think radar would be over the top.

I've always found it hard to enjoy instagib DM, instagib CTF, instagib anything. I think newer players enjoy it because it sort of evens the playing field to an extent, but I find it a little frustrating because kills don't have to be earned anymore (in the sense that you have to be accurate over a period of time rather than for a single shot). So, I find attempting to play CTF or any mode within the context of instagib borderline absurd since no matter how well you move anyone who is half-decent at aiming can easily kill you with little to no effort, especially in UT3 where you're wearing lead boots.

After I played Betrayal I quickly realized that the whole "pot" part of the game was almost entirely irrelevant because at the end of the day it's basically just a repackaged version of instagib and accuracy wins anyway.

I think Betrayal is a decent concept in that the teams change constantly but I'm not sure I like the instagib aspect of it as instagib takes a complex games and sort of boils it down to the level of all of the other retardo-shooters out that that auto-aim for you and show you where every enemy is on radar...

But again, no, I don't think radar should be added.

Comment

Ya, actually I agree with you on the instagib thing. One of the other things I was thinking as a suggestion was betrayal mode without instagib. But after finishing a few matches and not being able to find the guy who betrayed me with 20+ points in pot, that was the only thing on my mind.

Either have the option of not having instagib. Or possibly having normal weapons and have something that takes the place of translocator/hover board that instagibs teammates.

Comment

This is a silly idea. It's part of the game mode, having to hunt down who betrayed you.

If you're BAD at that, it's your problem.

Comment

Fail to see why i should lose valuable screen space to see an enemy or just ONE person.

Comment

Originally posted by Kynous View Post
              I love this new game mode but there are there is one thing that is really frustrating. And that is not finding the ******* who betrayed you. Ecspecially in large maps. Could we possibly get a radar to the person that betrayed you? I know that makes it harder for the rogue player to get away but thats the penalty for betraying. Its far to easy to get away as it is.
              Id say yes to : the guy who betrays ,teamm8s.

Comment

Ok.. im not great, but I don't think im a bad player. Im pretty accurate with that thing. This has nothing to do with skill though. From what I can tell, Betrayal and Greed game modes were made for the BAD players to give them a chance anyway. To add a couple of game modes that were more about strategy then pure skill. I realize thats not the case with betrayal since its instagib, but if a few changes were made, it could be.

Oh, and as replay to Cr4zyB4st4rd comment. Maybe because that person is worth 30 points as opposed to 1. Also, its usually translucent anyway.

I played a lot more and honestly, its just fine the way it is on SMALL maps. Its easy to find and I am able to get my retribution! But serously, can some of you not agree that it's ridiculous on large maps? You get a large pot and now this person is in the lead. When this happens, only thing on my mind is finding this person. I don't care about the others around me, they wont bring me 20-30+ points. Time just counts down and you just never even see this person. It is really frustrating. Maybe i'm playing wrong. If so, then give me some tips.

It could just be server side option. Ahh, whatever, I just need to get good at programing.

Comment

Sounds like you need to adapt your playstyle to the map. If there are 30 points in the pot and the map is big enough to escape retribution... why haven't you betrayed yet!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kynous View Post
                    ...Betrayal and Greed game modes were made for the BAD players...
                    Are you sure?
                    Last night I got betrayed 3 times within one match for a pot of 0. Not that I cared getting betrayed... ...but it makes me wonder how these people can handle real life, which is far more complex than betrayal.

THat's it why I would like that parents and expecially soccer-moms would care more for what their children play on the PC when it comes to violent videogames. The soccer-moms could actually EXPLAIN them the games.

Comment

In Unreal Championship 2 I played a lot of "Retribution Instagib", where you could score retribution points from persons, who killed you, in a certain time limit. It was a lot of fun and you had a radar showing you the position of the people on your retribution list, which made the whole thing very intense. Since Betrayal is based on a pretty similar concept, I would say "yes", add a radar, but only for the betrayer.

The radar really added something to the whole gametype, if you killed someone, you knew you would stay on his radar for about 20 seconds, so you had to avoid him even more. On the other hand, if you're hunting someone on the radar, it makes you pretty blind for other people, because you focus too much on where the guy on the radar could be, which can be a mistake in certain situations. So, the radar gave the whole idea a nice kick.

Comment

Main things I hate are getting spawnkilled, someone sniping the guy you are getting revenge on, or the guy you are going to betray a split second before you shoot.

Also when two people shoot at you, instead of each other, or you're shooting at one guy and another is shooting at you.

Comment

Working...
                        X