UT4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT4 question

I know this is not the forum, but I don't know where to post. I read about Unreal Engine 4 and that it is going to be exclusively for next-generation consoles.

How true this is? Are we going to see UT4? Are we going to see UT4 on PC?

If not, that would be a rather dumb move (I am not trying to insult Epic), because UT series has got way more players on PC than XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 combined.

EDIT: I apologise if I have insulted Epic Games in any way. Sorry for my English too.

EDIT 2: I have posted this because I'm a PC 4ever gamer.

Who says Epic will use UE4 for UT4? Might well be they will do it on UE3(.5).

Comment

I will not buy a console to play UT4. I dont think many PC players will be coming to the party if this turns out to be the case.....

[EDIT] Also most people on these forums go by a "web link, or it didnt happen!" mentality

Comment

i reckon that they will do a new unreal championship

x

Comment

what? hell no... FPS is for PC... UT is for custom content, which you cant do on a console,
          epic got it wrong
          1. best console to play FPS on without buying extra hardware = wii, wii outsold the other would be great though, UT Channel on wii would rock
          2. PC is where unreal began, and there is nothing better then a mouse and keyboard as well as having UNRESTRICTED HARD DRIVE SPACE...

Comment

PS3 hardrive is upgradable and is potentially unrestricted, I am planning on getting a 320 gb

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
              what? hell no... FPS is for PC... UT is for custom content, which you cant do on a console,
              epic got it wrong
              1. best console to play FPS on without buying extra hardware = wii, wii outsold the other would be great though, UT Channel on wii would rock
              2. PC is where unreal began, and there is nothing better then a mouse and keyboard as well as having UNRESTRICTED HARD DRIVE SPACE...
              See how well Epic understands that... http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=356

I'm not trying to insult EPIC!

Comment

to make an unreal tournament game a console-exclusive would be the ultimate blasphemy in pc gaming - and for this i would despise epic more than other dev. could ever be despised

but..

c'mon, you don't think Epic would seriously do that do you? they aren't retarded ; UT, a console exclusive? let me say this: halo games will come to playstation before ut will become a console-only game

Comment

epic doesn't seem to like the pc market because pirating has become so huge, which is why gow2 isn't coming out for the pc.

Comment

Crytek announced recently that CryEngine3 is going to be exclusive to next-gen consoles (PS4 etc.). This Sucks! I so so hope that Epic don't decide to follow suit for whatever reason! A move like that would surely more or less kill the UT franchise!

Comment

I'm not a PC gamer. I'm an UT gamer that plays on PC.

Port UT99 to a mobile phone and you know what I'll be doing for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Orion2sirius View Post
                        Crytek announced recently that CryEngine3 is going to be exclusive to next-gen consoles (PS4 etc.). This Sucks! I so so hope that Epic don't decide to follow suit for whatever reason! A move like that would surely more or less kill the UT franchise!
                        Not true; it's also for PC.

Source: http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/cryt...ltiple-genres/

Comment

I believe they didn't say they were developing it exclusively for consoles. Rather, they are developing the engine primarily on and for the PC, but also going greater lengths to optimize it for consoles.

Comment

Dude UT3 Titan Pack was just released shut it about UT4.. they are more concerned with the success that the Titan Pack is bringing right now than what platforms to throw UT4 on!! When UT4 is announced they will definitely tell us what's going to go on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                              I'm not a PC gamer. I'm an UT gamer that plays on PC.

EXACTLY nicely put!

Comment

Working...
                              X