Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL : Being able to betray with pot=0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL : Being able to betray with pot=0 ?

Please correct me if there is a reason for this but, why can you be betrayed when the pot is empty? The only reason I can think of is if you get retribution points if noobs keep killng you....

My question is should betrayal be more configurable? ie. have a threshold you can set so for example only after 5 points upwards you can betray. However players would know when they are going to start getting shot at by their team mates - so maybe it should just be 1 and above?

I would love to hear others thoughts on this! Dont get me wrong I absoloutly love this gametype. Instagib + BANK from weakest link = WIN!

You missed the following option:

3 betrayals when the pot is 0 made by one player: autokick him from Server and pop him up the message "You are doing it wrong!"

http://twobluecrabs.com/images/dbb06...47bef90403.jpg

Comment

lol
      actually yeah maybe some punishment system like you flash up on a radar or something or have your controls reversed temporarily if you betray with nothing in the pot !

Comment

No.

Even if the pot is zero, the kill still counts as the 1 point. Also, its a strategic thing too:

If your teammate is ahead of you in the leaderboard, you will want to try to aggro him to betray you, as your retribution point pot will be big.

Another reason is if your teammate is horribad, you may want to betray him early.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
          If your teammate is ahead of you in the leaderboard, you will want to try to aggro him to betray you, as your retribution point pot will be big.
          Why will it be big? Do you not score the diff. between yourself and him on a retribution kill?

Comment

You score his value plus the rogue value (6). So if he originally had a +10 and betrayed you, if you got the retribution you'd get 16 points.

Comment

I simply enjoy killing everyone at all times, turning the game into a regular instagib match.

I voted "Don't care" - regardless of what the setting is, some people are going to kill as soon as the option is there... nothing you can do about that. Having a threshold option would be fine, but limiting players' choices has it's own problems (people simply waiting for the threshold, etc)

Comment

I hate all these people killing at 0-1 pot CONSTANTLY.

Comment

I voted "No" because betraying for a Pot of zero is not a problem with the gametype, but rather with the player who just doesn't know how it works.

Just explain to them how it works...

Heh, every now and then I like betraying a team mate for First Blood. For teh lulz...

Comment

90% of players who do so, don't read or care.

Comment

If they try to betray you, get out the way, or let them betray you, stop moaning go pay them back and get +7 points win/win situation.

Yes it's annoying, but can also be a valid tactic and useful to you more then them, sooner or later they will learn.

Comment

my view on them is a lot more grim

Comment

Working...
                        X