Was the UT3 Expansion the Titan Pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the UT3 Expansion the Titan Pack?

So several months ago, I started a thread for things to be requested in the upcoming UT3 expansion. It reached over 1000 replies. When the Titan Pack came out, that thread stopped getting so many replies.

So my question is, was the Titan Pack the UT3 expansion or is that just part one and the UT3 expansion is Part 2?

I could have SWORE that's what I read somewhere on the internet, but I just need to be absolutely sure. Are we to expect a full fledged UT3 Expansion to hit the shelves in late 2009 or 2010?

If so, then we need to let Epic know that the Titan pack isn't enough. It's a good start but they have a lot of work ahead of them.

Thanks,
    -Neil

Jus' dis, ken?

Comment

the Titan-pack IS the "big" expansion!(what else?)

they talked about a two step release:
      Patch 2.0 (also called "Patch number 4") is -> step 1
      Titan-Pack is -> step 2

maybe there will be another expansion(pure spekulation, i still hope for assault)

although if we stay realistcally, after such a big expansion pack for UT3, most of Epic's resources will go into Gears Of War 3.

Comment

I'm happy with this really. Well more patches would be good, but instead of an expansion for ut3 I'd rather they start on ut4(hopefully there will be one). This time Epic focus on the pc title and then port it to console, instead of what you did with ut3.

Comment

yea, i was kinda hoping for an actual expansion in the sense of a lot more content was continuation of the story (really wanna see reaper kick malcom's *** and kill him in a way similar to how he killed akasha)

woulda been willing to pay $30 or something for it too, like crysis warhead

Comment

The Titan Pack was the Expansion and I am loving it. Greed + Titan = WIN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
              The Titan Pack was the Expansion and I am loving it. Greed + Titan = WIN!!!
              Im with this guy ! A few adjustments updates and thats me happy !

Comment

The patch, being 309 megs was the first part and the titan pack, being almost a gig would be the second half. Other then hoping for a couple of other small, I have no complaints.

Comment

I wouldn't even call it an expansion. This is the UT2k4 to the 2007 release that was basically UT2k3.

Comment

Originally posted by natureboystyle05 View Post
                    yea, i was kinda hoping for an actual expansion in the sense of a lot more content was continuation of the story (really wanna see reaper kick malcom's *** and kill him in a way similar to how he killed akasha)

woulda been willing to pay $30 or something for it too, like crysis warhead
                    God forbid they put effort into this.* Pay $10 to some random dude writing you some fan-fiction.

Look here for important things that need to be adressed and a lot people actually care about: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627215

*) Even EPIC themselves once admitted that the story turned out bad and very few people cared about Reaper and his holy war.

Comment

Originally posted by LumpOfCole View Post
                      I wouldn't even call it an expansion. This is the UT2k4 to the 2007 release that was basically UT2k3.
                      Not really, this is closer to UT24k -> UT2k4:ECE than it is to UT2k3 -> UT2k4

Comment

after the AI "enhacements" with the patch and the bot pathing in the titan pack maps, i gave up on UT3 and im currently waiting for UT4.......

Comment

Originally posted by HellFox View Post
                          after the AI "enhacements" with the patch and the bot pathing in the titan pack maps, i gave up on UT3 and im currently waiting for UT4.......
                          But who plays against AI? Its a game about online play against other people! If you dont find them challenging enough put it on godlike !

Comment

at least they gave it out for free. whereas games like halo charges $10 for a few new maps and some other things.

Comment

Working...
                            X