Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys even put any effort into the AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you guys even put any effort into the AI?

I'm playing on the Xbox and my god the insane bots are ridiculous. Honestly it feels like you just made them have perfect "everything" instead of taking the time to program them so they are smart.

They can shoot you before they even see you. They have absolutely flawless aim. They always have more health and do more damage than you. Did you think that the last fight in the campaign was going to be fun for people? Some friends and I tried beating Akasha and its impossible. We are decent online and dominate against other players but you guys had to take the easy way out (go figure) and make them be perfect without even taking time to program them.

Thanks Epic.

Boo.

Godlike bots have always been like that. Of course they put effort into the AI. The AI is actually pretty ingenius. It has some serious problems that need to be solved, but you or I probably couldn't begin to understand how a lot of it works.

Basically you set your difficulty to Insane and you're whining about it being too hard. Ever thought of putting it on Normal?

Comment

I think epic did a great job with the AI. Maybe you are just not good enough for that level yet. Who knows, maybe with that attitude you will never be good enough.

Comment

They always have more health and do more damage than you.
        They will always spawn with 100 HP and have what ever extra they pick up.
        They will always do the same damage as your weapons do unless they have a power up.

Godlike bots don't always hit, just move well and they can miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
          Godlike bots don't always hit, just move well and they can miss.
          Bots miss when they want to miss... And they hit when they want to hit... that's why Aim hooks are referred to Aimbot.. the point is to kill them before they get the chance to try and also they have a better movement than less skilled bots

Comment

i was playing the campian.
            main problems with it on insane is
            1. link gun locking...
            2. they dont miss when they should... we all know enforcer is innacurate when holding down fire.. yet these godlike bots can pull it off from across the map hitting with every shot.
            3. your bots are complete rubbish compared to the other teams...
            trying to kill them before they hit you is nigh on impossible... i'm on the first CTF on insane (level 2) dunno how many totaly rediculous shots i have been hit by with that sniper rifle, i still capped twice, then lost thanks to incompetant bots...

get your reaction times up then man yourself with a rocket or flak cannon those are your best bets

Comment

Originally posted by JGabriel View Post
              Honestly it feels like you just made them have perfect "everything" instead of taking the time to program them so they are smart.
              They're no geniuses, but they're 'smarter' than most. They are unfortunately dumb at team play, which forces you to constantly be the MVP in campaign.

They can shoot you before they even see you. They have absolutely flawless aim. They always have more health and do more damage than you.
              Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

... tried beating Akasha and its impossible.
              Also wrong.

We are decent online and dominate against other players but you guys had to take the easy way out (go figure) and make them be perfect without even taking time to program them.

Thanks Epic.
              Bots aren't perfect, you just aren't good enough. There are PC players with better long distance hitscan than any godlike bot. Just keep practicing, and focus on having fun! You might also try to start playing with a higher skilled crowd online, it's guaranteed to help you improve.

Comment

Nobody likes to be told they're wrong that much Virax

That being said:

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/nthexwn/ScreenShot00051.jpg[/screenshot]

ME SO COOL! I actually had to try 3 whole times to get this...

Here's a demo so you guys can see how to make a godlike bot look retarded:

http://www.mediafire.com/?laitytgzmdx

Put it in your ...\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Demos directory

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
                  Bots aren't perfect, you just aren't good enough.
                  glad somebody said it.

Comment

there are ways of beating them...
                    but campain is poopsticks to do... seeing as the allied bots are morons
                    i find that flak is best against them..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                      Nobody likes to be told they're wrong that much Virax

That being said:

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/nthexwn/ScreenShot00051.jpg[/screenshot]

ME SO COOL! I actually had to try 3 whole times to get this...

Here's a demo so you guys can see how to make a godlike bot look retarded:

http://www.mediafire.com/?laitytgzmdx

Put it in your ...\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Demos directory
                      Try that with 5 godlike bots in that level and when you can overcome them I will say your good! LOL

Comment

Godlike bots aren't that good
                        They beat the **** out of the average xbl player though

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                          Try that with 5 godlike bots in that level and when you can overcome them I will say your good! LOL
                          Here yah go Gargorias!

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/nthexwn/ScreenShot00052.jpg[/screenshot]

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjogzvznfig

Comment

**** my botmatch? the game i got the award in
                            Attached Files

Comment

i have both the pc and xbox versions of ut3 and i would like to say that:

1. godlike bots on the xbox version don't seem anywhere near as challenging as godlike bots do on the pc version

2. OP is saying beating Akasha with a friend was 'impossible' - it's not, me and my brother did it on xbox split screen on insane

i'm not trying to offend the OP when I say he must just not be good enough but...

he just must not be good enough

Comment

Working...
                              X