Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embrace the titans

A plea for experienced players.

Warfare is much, much better with titans. They are not as ridiculously overpowered as they first seem. You can explode a viper or scorpion into them, or pancake with a manta or a cicada, or a raptor if you are skilled, all for an instant kill

It breaks the staleamtes of the chokepoints that is such a feature of Warfare, so a titan makes warfare far, far better.

It actually is not all that straightforward to make the decision when to transform and when not to, and decent titan duels against a good opponent, or 2-3 bad ones are brilliant fun.

Playing onyx coast today, we recovered with our core down to one point left, and used the titans to sweep the other team right back to their base. The new maps just don't work at all without titans.

So give them a chance. They need more skill than you think.

Nice post!!

Comment

I often see players fighting, then they take a few hits, and hit the button to become titan. Don't panic! You get killed with a full meter, you spawn with a full meter. If you want to save it, go ahead, it's ok!

Comment

yea its fine in vehicle maps, goliath can nail them easy enough just normal none vehicle games they annoy

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
          A plea for experienced players.

Warfare is much, much better with titans. They are not as ridiculously overpowered as they first seem. You can explode a viper or scorpion into them, or pancake with a manta or a cicada, or a raptor if you are skilled, all for an instant kill

It breaks the staleamtes of the chokepoints that is such a feature of Warfare, so a titan makes warfare far, far better.

It actually is not all that straightforward to make the decision when to transform and when not to, and decent titan duels against a good opponent, or 2-3 bad ones are brilliant fun.

Playing onyx coast today, we recovered with our core down to one point left, and used the titans to sweep the other team right back to their base. The new maps just don't work at all without titans.

So give them a chance. They need more skill than you think.
          I dig them, honestly. The only issue I have is that a titan at the core is a wicked spawn killer. And it's not necessarily that the person spawn killing is being a jerk -- if you try to hit the core as a titan, the rockets will lock on to any spawning players or vehicles.

I just posted about this in the PUB server thread where someone mentioned spawn killing. It can be particularly brutal in Avalanche because of the way the map is laid out.

Comment

Personally I think the titan bar should take longer to charge just so it's use would have to be better planned. As far as their implementation goes, they're the perfect support unit and can completely change the pace of a game when used at the right time (covering a flag carrier in vCTF or someone with a lot of skulls in greed, single handedly taking/guarding a critical node while the rest of team is free to cover other strategic points, etc) but as it is they are just too common to feel as significant as they should.

On another note, Behemoth should be more powerful, it fells like it's barely an upgrade over and it results in death, the only reason I ever use that for is because I may be running low on health as a Titan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
              I often see players fighting, then they take a few hits, and hit the button to become titan. Don't panic! You get killed with a full meter, you spawn with a full meter. If you want to save it, go ahead, it's ok!
              Yeah that's what I was doing at first but then I realized that you don't lose what you've gained when you die! I love the Titan mutator.

Comment

I just wish stats worked with titans. Almost every server has it so my stats havent changed at all.

Comment

it CAN make sense in some situations, but only in the hand of a good player. 90% of all ppl atm actiavte it right away, waste their titan and annoy basically everyone else as long as they can with it.
                  it must be toned down, cause it envokes more bull**** then it actually helps. its just a low skill, high reward thing and thus its broken. and when 3 titans are walking towards your base (even when your core is vulnerable) its just **** and u cant do anything about it. in war titan doesnt fit into the game.

greed and ctf is fine imo, cause there it fits a support role and isnt just there for massing up kills in a noob-button-smashing-style. and exactly this happens mostly in warfare.

Comment

I'd agree that some people are too quick to cast judgement on the Titan mut. Knowing when to use it is a fun part of the game. I've seen it used very well and very poorly. Sometimes people transform in an area where they're essentially useless because they might be able to kill a bunch of guys, but they're also incapable of covering their skull/flag carriers on the way back to the conduit/flagstand.

On the other hand, I've also seen guys use it really well. They'll type, "I'm going big at home base. Follow me to enemy base." in team chat then as he mows everyone down I pick up the skulls and he covers me all the way to the capture.

It's a beautiful thing!

Comment

Fully agreed with OP - when I played Warfare with Titans enabled I actually felt for the first time that WF was actually more fun than ONS in 2k4 was. I love it and think it should be a permanent fixture in that mode.

Comment

Yea, Warfare definitely owns with titans. I think titans feel pretty lame in non-vehicle game types, but they actually work really, really well in Warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          I love it and think it should be a permanent fixture in that mode.
                          hell no....

Comment

I like the Titan mutator but I do think they promote spawn killing too much.

What is the fastest way to fill up your Titan meter? Get multi kills and killing sprees.

What is the easiest way to do that? spawn kill

It isn't that big a deal if you spawn with weapons like you do in most warfare maps, but if you are on a map like Facing Worlds, you have 0 chance.

Was playing on Epic Greed server #2 this morning and had two titans spawn raping our side on Facing Worlds. One was standing on Link gun spawn and the other was on the Sniper side. Both just repeatedly did the ground pound and completely kept anyone from being able to even get close to a weapon. It was actually hilarious to watch, because I had never witnessed such rampant spawn killing.

Comment

Originally posted by Segomo View Post
                              Was playing on Epic Greed server #2 this morning and had two titans spawn raping our side on Facing Worlds. One was standing on Link gun spawn and the other was on the Sniper side. Both just repeatedly did the ground pound and completely kept anyone from being able to even get close to a weapon. It was actually hilarious to watch, because I had never witnessed such rampant spawn killing.
                              don't vote Facing Worlds then

Comment

Working...
                              X