This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it just me or has server activity gone down

it seems that server activity has gone down drastically. TDM's are slow, betrayal has 1 person total. i didn't check greed today, and deathmatch is doing ok. but when the titan patch came out, it seems like way more people were online. personally im a TDM kind of guy, so i dont like it when its slow, and i dont feel like fighting bots.

what do you guys think?

There was a free Steam UT3 weekend last weekend. Anyone who wanted to was able to DL UT3 and play. Now it's over. There will be another one next week though! Hopefully some of them will spend the $12 and buy the game.

Comment

I've actually had no problem at all finding people as of late.

Comment

tuesday night is traditionally the deadest day of the week for any kind of online activity.

Comment

it wasnt a problem finding at least a few 6vs6 greed games and a few WAR pubs to play in...

Comment

It's pretty late/early for almost every body so at this time you'll notice the player numbers are at their lowest. Try again at peak time.

Comment

Ur kidding...servers have been full my timezones lately. some even lagging cause of it.

Comment

our UT3 server have never been so busy - cant get a slot myself sometimes

Comment

I also think many n00bs are playing the campain (again) to rack up those non-saying achievements...

Comment

I my self am a main TDMer thats all I ever played but since the titan pack I can not stop playing Greed I love it its harder to me which I really like. I get sick of killing n00blets all day if you would like to play some Greed Im usually on epics Greed server #2.

Comment

what time would you consider peak time? please use time zone.

Originally posted by |moc|Unreal View Post
                      I my self am a main TDMer thats all I ever played but since the titan pack I can not stop playing Greed I love it its harder to me which I really like. I get sick of killing n00blets all day if you would like to play some Greed Im usually on epics Greed server #2.

|moc|Unreal, i'll have to take you up on that sometime.

Comment

Yeah timezone. In Europe at night, from 7pm to midnight we are having from 800 to 1100 players.

Now at 5pm there are 722

Comment

people may be busy with awards remember, it will pick up.

Comment

xfire shows a graph of UT3 xfire player stats

http://www.xfire.com/games/ut3/Unreal_Tournament_3/

There was a big increase for the free weekend, but it's ramping back down now. This only shows xfire users who play ut3 while xfire is running. Players without xfire or who are not running it while playing do not show up. Hint, install and run xfire always before playing UT3 so you can be part of and increase the stats.

Both North America and Euro servers are busy in the evenings. Thing is, you need to take into account time zones. The EU servers locations are 5-8 hours ahead of NA times. So when it's 9 pm in Paris, it's only 3 pm in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                              xfire shows a graph of UT3 xfire player stats

http://www.xfire.com/games/ut3/Unreal_Tournament_3/

There was a big increase for the free weekend, but it's ramping back down now. This only shows xfire users who play ut3 while xfire is running. Players without xfire or who are not running it while playing do not show up. Hint, install and run xfire always before playing UT3 so you can be part of and increase the stats.

Both North America and Euro servers are busy in the evenings. Thing is, you need to take into account time zones. The EU servers locations are 5-8 hours ahead of NA times. So when it's 9 pm in Paris, it's only 3 pm in New York.
                              I'm thinking that spike stems not from the free weekend but from the release of patch 2.0 and the Titan pack. The download links were officially posted at 5:08 central time on March 5th and it makes sense from most people wouldn't get the patch until late March 5th or March 6th.

Comment

Working...
                              X