Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to spectate someone in the first-person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It's more like a mini - console. Good for entering commands, but you can't read the chat log.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can also open the console with the "Tab" key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're really in a position to catch cheaters, then record that person. If it becomes necessary to, you can add your own crosshair marker to the video. Most blatant cheaters you can tell even without the crosshair. Cheaters that are hiding it, you won't be able to tell without watching things in slo-mo later, even if you have a crosshair.

So to answer your question, no, there is no crosshair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I am really surprised this hasnt been updated to be a mouse button or something to switch 1st/3rd person.... the patch seems to allow you to scroll through players with mousewheel now (please correct if its always been like that!) but i couldnt figure out how to view from 1st person. thanks for this.

Not sure even ut2k4 had crosshair on 1st person view.... maybe a stock one?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    F10 is fine for me, but I did try the command and while it technically did allow me to spectate in the first person, it did not show the player's crosshair or targetting. This was an efficient way to see if someone was cheating in UT2004 and I was hoping for a similar technique in UT3. Does it exist?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, if you're interested I can tell you how to change your console key back to what it's supposed to be: ~ Tilde

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    The console command is "behindview". Press F10 to open the console. If you want to bind it to a key use this tutorial: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=648967
    Thank you, kind sir.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The console command is "behindview". Press F10 to open the console. If you want to bind it to a key use this tutorial: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=648967

Leave a comment:

• Is there a way to spectate someone in the first-person?

I know in the previous Unreal iterations there was a way through the console that you could change the perspective of the camera to show a player's crosshair and subsequent aiming while acting as a spectator. I can't get my console to load in UT3 and have searched the keybind menu for its location to no avail. Is there any manipulation of the options or game files to allow first-person spectating instead of the behind-the-back default view?

Editted for grammar.
Working...
X