No announcement yet.

Why is Mic use so rare in UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, on PS3 I don't find it that easy to play well with the push-to-talk ... when I hold that button, my left thumb can practically not be used for gaming ... fortunately you can talk for a few seconds after pressing ptt, but it's still somewhat awkward...

I manage to use it sometimes though...

Comment

hi all. this is probably a REALLY dumb question, but i've been scouring boards for ages and looking into TeamSpeak and I still can't find the answer to what seems like it should be a simple question:
      My mike works and my speakers work but I can't hear anyone chatting on UT3 on PC. When I hit B the microphone symbol comes up but I don't know if anyone can hear me. I've got chat enabled in the basic settings - is there something obvious I'm missing? Something so basic it's not mentioned anywhere because it's so obvious?
      ...you CAN mike-chat in UT3 without using teamspeak or anything like that....right?
      cheers in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
        Bear in mind, a lot of people may be in Ventrilo and can't chat in-game and in vent at the same time...
        why not>? i just started using chat again since a few people actualyl talk back but im new to using vent or ts cause i always disliked all the chatter... I have my keybind set to the same key for both UT3 and ventrillo so won't they both be working at once? everyone seems to hear me

Originally posted by RandomSi View Post
        hi all. this is probably a REALLY dumb question, but i've been scouring boards for ages and looking into TeamSpeak and I still can't find the answer to what seems like it should be a simple question:
        My mike works and my speakers work but I can't hear anyone chatting on UT3 on PC. When I hit B the microphone symbol comes up but I don't know if anyone can hear me. I've got chat enabled in the basic settings - is there something obvious I'm missing? Something so basic it's not mentioned anywhere because it's so obvious?
        ...you CAN mike-chat in UT3 without using teamspeak or anything like that....right?
        cheers in advance.
        yeah, you dont need the extra programs though it doesnt hurt to get them cause alot of long time players use them instead of the ingame chat. But, just using the "B" key to talk works, ask some players on your team if they hear by test chatting to them - they may not have a mic hooked up but they can still hear ya...

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
        mic sounds perfect and clear... if you have a good headset and a good sound card... people have no probs when i speak and its clear they say...

however this is UT3... so people are more busy fragging than talking at least on the servers i play
        yeah, honestly i am a slightly above average player at best to start with so trying to chat at the same time completely destroys my game

Originally posted by Flak View Post
        Actually people complain because I talk too much.
        Shhhhh!!!

Comment

You don't really need VC, only if you are in a clan.

Comment

I have noticed recently that more players are using mic's on the PS3, it makes the game a lot more fun when you kill someone and they moan, or compliment you for a death... some of the conversations can be amusing too, or when random people make odd noises or say their own battle quotes... I can't remember who I played this morning but I was in stitches several times during gameplay from the comments I was hearing. It made the game a lot more enjoyable in my opinion, and I'll probably grab a mic as soon as I find a decent one.

Comment

yes its button "b" and talk into your mic. Make sure your mics plugged in properly, I think a lot of people just don't respond to mics. One way you can test for sure is to host a game with a friend and test your mic asking them to tell you if it works and how good the quailty is, that's how I did it.

Comment

do you want to know the truth?

TRADITION

Comment

I've shut off all voice stuff in UT because I can type stuff out if I need to and it completely eliminates any annoyance that could come from people thinking I want to hear their music or singing.

Comment

Working...
                  X