Extremely satisfied with new patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely satisfied with new patch

I bought this game on release hoping it could satisfy my unreal needs but it was just filled with bugs and laggy servers, there was no reason to play the game.

This new patch has fixed so much about the game and the new maps and remade old ones are top notch, I'm amazed this patch improved the game as much as it did. I hope more people get the latest patch and continue to play.

Enjoy the game & frag on !!

Comment

Definite improvement for me as far as online performance.

Comment

same here...bought it the day it came out...playing it more than ever since the patch. titan+dt necris ftw.

Originally posted by pacmayange View Post
        I bought this game on release hoping it could satisfy my unreal needs but it was just filled with bugs and laggy servers, there was no reason to play the game.

This new patch has fixed so much about the game and the new maps and remade old ones are top notch, I'm amazed this patch improved the game as much as it did. I hope more people get the latest patch and continue to play.

Comment

Same here, a big thanks to EPIC and all the people who worked so hard on this... SWEET!!!! :-D

Comment

online performance has become top notch.. since I got my Q-DSL connection ->
            5 ms server ping

Betrayal rocks, btw.

Comment

Big tx for EPIC, especially for the online performance. This weeken i had no problem at all.
              I hope the community wil not start whining about minor issues some players have. Just provide positive feedback and help to build the community .

*** Maybe i was drewling about the nice titans and new maps i played ***

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
                Big tx for EPIC, especially for the online performance. This weeken i had no problem at all.
                I hope the community wil not start whining about minor issues some players have. Just provide positive feedback and help to build the community .

*** Maybe i was drewling about the nice titans and new maps i played ***
                There are some major problems to fix: not enough colours, 100 FOV limit, vehicle camera zoom, bad UI, no bot rooster... but still, it's a great patch.
                They should only make people (commercials, reviews...) give UT3 a second chance.

Comment

Same here. But i'm still not ready to lay 2004 to a dirt nap yet.

Comment

There are still many bugs that need fixed

These are my impressions after playing ~12 hours of warfare and ~3 hours of DM and TDM online this weekend. Overall I like the expansion and really like the upswing in online player numbers. But, there are still many bugs that need fixed.

I really like the new WAR maps that were included in the expansion. I especially like all the up for grabs side and count down nodes. These really give added complexity to a players strats. Players have to decide where to go and when. Head to the up for grab nodes at the wrong time and watch your prime node fall and see your core attacked. This makes for extremely fast and intense game play. Overall, really nice warfare additions.

The new DM maps are also very nice, but I did not like the spiders or shield deployables in them. I do not like spiders or other deployables at all in any of the game types. They are a minor issue though.

I do see that many of the worse game play issues are still there. These bugs are covered in this other thread called the UT3 bug list by Nightmare85. Great job by Nightmare85 in putting that thread together.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627215

Many of those are very serious game play issues. They have been atound since day one. These are my big issues from the list for warfare game play;

09. Invisible destroyed vehicles
                    24. Paladin sometimes has problems to drive over the big barricades
                    26. Systemic bug in all multi barrel weapons, all turrets and Nemesis
                    27. No fire zones
                    28. Announcer gives wrong or bad pieces of advice
                    41. Hellbender's physics are bad

I still do not like the excessive scorpion self destruct blast radius. It's so big and powerful that it's just totally silly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaMarine View Post
                      [...]They should only make people (commercials, reviews...) give UT3 a second chance.
                      It's too bad that most review sites only bother to look at boxed i.e. content that costs $$; it's basically up to word-of-mouth to get UT3 up to where it should be. The Titan patch completely vaulted the game past anything I've played in the last 15, 18 months. Greed, where have you been all my life?

Comment

I agreed with roleki, game review sites are hype/advertisement machines now.
                        They want people to get excited about non-free "DLC"...why people pay for few maps and weapons when good company like epic gives us a free titan pack and full support of editor.
                        And there are people who think halo and far cry2 have "best custom content"...

Comment

Working...
                        X