Another free weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another free weekend

Thanks to Empire total war being released with steam exclusive content, a lot of players never got to try UT3 for free this weekend -and many are aggrieved at downloading a good few gigs worth of data, but never completing the download.

So what are the plans to give players the taste of this new, improved UT3?

I think another free weekend very soon would be a good idea - if Steam would be happy to give their servers another battering.

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
    Thanks to Empire total war being released with steam exclusive content, a lot of players never got to try UT3 for free this weekend -and many are aggrieved at downloading a good few gigs worth of data, but never completing the download.

So what are the plans to give players the taste of this new, improved UT3?

I think another free weekend very soon would be a good idea - if Steam would be happy to give their servers another battering.
    I think the free weekend idea is problematic. I'd rather see a 1 or 2 map demo.

For the record, I tried several times to download the game, and by the time it finally finished (sunday) the "weekend" was over. Bah. I've liked UT games in the past, wasn't that impressed by UT3 when it first came out, and I'm interested in it now... but not going to pay even 12 bucks for a game that I haven't played since I chose not to buy it based on a demo.

my 2c

Comment

Yeah I think a demo would be a better option aswell.

To some people 8gb is what about 4-5 hours of downloading but for other people on less reliable ISP's thats easily an entire weekend. We in the UK have possibly the worst ISP's in the entire world some with ridiculously small monthly limits and poor speed coupled with throttling of downloads.

Still I think at the price it is if you previously enjoyed the game it's well worth it. I bought it when it first appeared on Steam in the Unreal Deal Pack and didn't really play it much till the last couple of weeks but I have got right back into it even though the many months of Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead have depleted my skills somewhat.

Comment

A demo with 2 or 3 maps? No thanks. I'd rather not see UT3 turn into a one/two-map infinite loop. Yes in UT3 there are some standout maps in terms of popularity, but it is not even close to the monotony that you see with ut2k4 with the prevalence of Torlan only ONS servers. I don't what to see that kind of **** ruin UT3 so I don't think a demo would be a good idea, certainly not if the demo servers are made to be compatible with the retail servers.

Comment

i thought the free weekend was a great idea. i saw one person with the trial and they said they would buy ut3.

Comment

Free week is much more reasonable. You need at least 3 days just to play it, not including problematic downloads.

Comment

Working...
            X