Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about GameSpy logon (name being taken)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend that had the exact same problem as you and he has a "safer" name than mine. I was able to register Maul as ]V[^vL in one attempt and my friend had to try about 6 different names.

By the way, I run a mutator (this one) on my server that allows any name to be used. You just set it once and then the next time you join the server its already there. It's a shame all servers don't use it because the Gamespy deal is a disaster. I would bet my life on it that they lost players because of it which is just astonishing to me. My friend was so ****** that if I wasn't there with the encouragment, he would have quit the game for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
      I have a friend that had the exact same problem as you and he has a "safer" name than mine. I was able to register Maul as ]V[^vL in one attempt and my friend had to try about 6 different names.

By the way, I run a mutator (this one) on my server that allows any name to be used. You just set it once and then the next time you join the server its already there. It's a shame all servers don't use it because the Gamespy deal is a disaster. I would bet my life on it that they lost players because of it which is just astonishing to me. My friend was so ****** that if I wasn't there with the encouragment, he would have quit the game for sure!
      Yeah, Flak responded to my emails but her replies were short and I doubt she ever looked into it. I understand since Epic is busy but I'm still frustrated.

I'm the ONLY B0T0X. No one has ever used this tag but me and only one person in the 10s of thousands that have played UT2k4 has ever come close.

Major suckage. There is definitely some kind of problem. Seperate namespace my butt.

Comment

Working...
      X