Retail Version on Steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retail Version on Steam?

I've had UT3 for a while but I want the Steam achievements. Is there a way to activate my serial number onto Steam so I can get the benefits of achievements?

Thanks in advance!

Did you load up Steam and just for the hell of it, try to activate a non-steam game? It works

Yes, you can activate your retail cd key on steam.

Comment

Oh, lol. No, I did download (or am downloading) the game using Steam. When I try to activate, it says I have it activated with another key. Anyway to remove this trial key and put in my real one?

Comment

If you're referring to the UT3 Black free weekend thing Steam has going with UT3. you might actually have to wait for it to be over to activate your key. The whole thing has caused minor problems with people trying to buy the game I think.

If you haven't done it already, you just add a non-steam game and enter your cd key to your steam and it'll activate Steams UT3, so it'll be available to you on steam as well. Also, if you happened to not really like steam controlling your UT3, you can always un-install the steam version and re-install your retail copy and not have to worry about steam

Comment

If you have the retail UT3, you can activate it through Steam. I did it and many others have. It reinstalls the Steam version of the game. It's nice always having the download available via Steam. It also automatically keeps you up to date with patches.

Comment

cool, thanks guys

Comment

If you do activate it through steam, you should uninstall the retail version. There are some stickies about this, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                If you do activate it through steam, you should uninstall the retail version. There are some stickies about this, too.
                Yes, and registering UT3 on Steam doesn't deactivate anything related to your retail version. If you ever want to go back and do the retail install you can.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                  I'll have to check that out, because I currently have both installed and haven't run into an issue. However, I'm primarily launching the game through steam now instead of "retail" way.

Comment

Working...
                  X