Now that Demo Playback is fixed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Demo Playback is fixed...

I need some help. I have been watching my playbacks, but I find the viewing options very small. Are there any useful console commands that let you do more in Demo Playback? All I can figure out how to do is view a player in third person and free look while the match is going on. Do any commands exist such as... viewing a player in first person with no HUD, freezing time in the playback so you can get a good screen shot or angle for what is about to happen, or "rewinding" the playback so that if you missed a part you don't have to watch the whole thing over again?

Thanks

Here are some helpful commands:

togglescreenshotmode: Hides the HUD, crosshairs and weapon (Except for Redeamer)
    slomo <x>: Sets the speed of playback. "slomo 1" is regular speed. There may be keys to speed up/slow down playback. Look in your UTInput.ini.
    tiledshot <x>: Captures a screenshot "x" times larger than your normal resolution. For example, "tiledshot 4" would take a screenshot at 4x your normal resolution. If your resolution was set at 1680x1050, the screenshot would be at 6720x4200.
    You can also just use F9 to take a regular screenshot if you haven't re-assigned it to anything.

Hope this helps. There are also some really good tutorials here in the forums.

Comment

demoff toggles between 1x, 2x and 4x speed.
      demoslowmo 0.1 - 1 lets you slow the demo down to capture screens.
      behindview toggles 3rd and 1st person
      showhud toggles the hud.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! These will help quite a bit. If anyone else knows anymore then please post.

Comment

Is there any sort of rewind???

Comment

How can you spectate another player in demo playback? Can you toggle camera to free mode in behindview?
            When I record a demo with bots I can switch between players and use my mouse to look around but online recorded demos do not work like this...

Comment

think what you guys are looking for is the Rcam Mutator... gives you all the options you'll need for demo playback i believe...

Edit : just to update.... i'll give 2 links so you guys know what to expect from this mutator, but i have no idea if its compatable with the latest patch though.

Link 1
              Link 2

Comment

Originally posted by Unrael View Post
                How can you spectate another player in demo playback? Can you toggle camera to free mode in behindview?
                When I record a demo with bots I can switch between players and use my mouse to look around but online recorded demos do not work like this...
                you would need the actual server side demo to view other players. When you demo from the client you can only see yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
                  think what you guys are looking for is the Rcam Mutator... gives you all the options you'll need for demo playback i believe...

Edit : just to update.... i'll give 2 links so you guys know what to expect from this mutator, but i have no idea if its compatable with the latest patch though.

Link 1
                  Link 2
                  I might try it out later, from the videos you have posted, it definitely looks like something that would benefit me greatly.

Comment

Botmatch Benchmarking & Level Fly-Throughs (aka automatedperftesting=1 command)
                    Click Here

Screenshot Tutorial
                    Click Here

Comment

I tried the demo recording but it glitches like this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtv-CZCMl8.
                      It's the same when I watch it in-game before recording so it's not video recording related.
                      I play at 1280x1024x75Hz with 90fps set in the ini. What may be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by DDlBll View Post
                        I tried the demo recording but it glitches like this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtv-CZCMl8.
                        It's the same when I watch it in-game before recording so it's not video recording related.
                        I play at 1280x1024x75Hz with 90fps set in the ini. What may be the problem?
                        Yeah, demos I record have that same kind of stutter.

Comment

Working...
                        X