Titan Pack and Patch for PS3 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan Pack and Patch for PS3 Update

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, the certification process for the PS3 patch and DLC has taken much longer than we expected. As a result, we have been forced to push back the release date for the PS3 version to 3/19.

The PC patch contains updates that will improve mods cooked for PS3, so we'll be taking advantage of this extra time to work with mod authors to make sure the best mods for UT3 are cooked with the latest patch.

I knew it... So, does this mean two more weeks without Epic servers?

P.S. I thought Sony had eased the certification proces for updates (not for PS Store content though). Can't you release the 2.0 update already?

Comment

Yikes 2 more weeks! The last 2 weeks since the announcement have been torture enough. It will be worth it in the long run though...but man was I looking forward to playing split screen tomorrow...

Comment

2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Eew View Post
          I knew it... So, does this mean two more weeks without Epic servers?

P.S. I thought Sony had eased the certification proces for updates (not for PS Store content though). Can't you release the 2.0 update already?
          Why be an *** about it? I mean really..

Comment

The extra time for mod support is going to be a bonus. Make sure you guys get with Evil Engine so we can get his awesome characters on the PS3.
            Thanks for the update.

Comment

Patch certification for consoles is a pain, I have to thank you guys for all your effort and I hope you can get the as much MSUC content to PS3 players as possible.

Two questions:
              1) Are we going to get any more documentation regarding the mod cooking, a lot of the more complicated cooking methods have essentially been found by trail and error at this point, some more official documentation would really help

2) For the MSUC content you're providing will you be using the version of the content submitted to the MSUC if there are more current versions available?

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                2 weeks

Agree

may be worth the extra wait for the PS3 users though. Recon my mates at college who have PS3's aren't going to be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                  2 weeks

Totally agree. This "two weeks" thing is making a name for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                    Two questions:
                    1) Are we going to get any more documentation regarding the mod cooking, a lot of the more complicated cooking methods have essentially been found by trail and error at this point, some more official documentation would really help

2) For the MSUC content you're providing will you be using the version of the content submitted to the MSUC if there are more current versions available?
                    1. I'll look into that. What issues have you seen?
                    2. We'll be using whatever version is available cooked for PS3 from UT3Mod.com, with whom we're partnering for content on the PS3 mod browser. We encourage you to re-cook and submit updated versions of your content if needed. Use the 2.0 patch for your re-cooks.

Comment

Dissappointed but will still look forward to it

Comment

Is the 3/19 date completely set in stone? Or is there a slight chance of the certification at Sony going through quicker than you thought...like maybe one week instead of two? Just wondering...would be a nice surprise if it passes through fast.

Comment

-----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Polge View Post

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, the certification process for the PS3 patch and DLC has taken much longer than we expected. As a result, we have been forced to push back the release date for the PS3 version to 3/19.
                            I am very confused, I popped in my game an hour ago and the splitscreen and trophy patch was available...and I've been able to use it.

However, my UT3 trophies won't sync up with my profile.

Whats the dealio? Has the patch been released, or was it pure luck that I managed to get hold of it?

Comment

now the UT3 is realy a PC game

Comment

Working...
                              X