Deployables in DM/TDM maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Spider mines are ruining gameplay (spawnkill raping issue), others — XRay and Slow volume,— are not.
    EMP would be useless, Link generator would ruin too (because it lasts too long, and good only for huge warfare maps).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taffy View Post
    Interestingly enough, even with all the new maps, Campgrounds and Deck are still getting the most playtime. heh.
    I will always love Deck, but tbh I'm enjoying Turbine the most right now. Though I don't ever vote for Camp unless it's the CreepyD version, which I feel like I've never played on your server. Is it on there?

If not, have you ever considered adding it? I think it's much (MUCH) more accurate in the scaling of geometry in regards to the original Q3DM6.

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
    If nothing has been written by the time I have the pre-exam lull in classes I'ss see if I can write up a no deployables mutator.
    I'm kind of in a post-midterm lull right now, so I may end up beating you to it. I've never written UScript before, but plenty of C++ and C#. Syntactically it seems quite familiar.

Anyhow, what do people thing of a configurable mutator that replaces the x-ray pickup with another selected powerup (amp/invis) and the spider mines with a selected weapon? If I have enough time and there's enough desire, I'm really considering writing it. But only if server admins would use it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interestingly enough, even with all the new maps, Campgrounds and Deck are still getting the most playtime. heh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After playing DM-EdenInc on Taffy's server the other night, I'm vehemently against them. :/

The x-ray field is audibly annoying and in most circumstances doesn't really provide an advantage to whomever deploys it. The spider mines require zero skill. What was the problem with leaving these in WAR? They are currently ruining a perfectly good DM map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The spider-mines are rediculously overpowered! I just lay the thing down near the ground floor of rooms where people tend to fight, walk away, and get free kills handed to me. I have a harder time navigating the MENU than playing the game that way!

You should at least be able to blow up the spawning object so people are forced to hide it in out-of-the-way places instead of plopping it down in the middle of everything with total impunity...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taffy View Post
    Edeninc and Ocean Relic are two of the best maps. The layout and asthetics are top notch in these maps IMO.
    That I agree with, I actually like the X-Ray deployable and portable slow field power up (they're both extremely fun) it's just the spider mines I have an issue with. But I'd prefere to play thses maps with no deployables at all than playing with both.

If nothing has been written by the time I have the pre-exam lull in classes I'ss see if I can write up a no deployables mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Edeninc and Ocean Relic are two of the best maps. The layout and asthetics are top notch in these maps IMO.

But as the poll would suggest, people are split on the issue.

The players who don't like the deployables are being very vocal about it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can steal power-ups with the hammer alt-fire, I like the idea that the deployable, the nest and the spiders could become yours like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now we just need a no-deployables mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just got a chance to play Eden and my fears were confirmed, that map would've been so nice without the spider mines too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by i_hax View Post
    Pretty sure they will be useless and I hope most server admins disable
    them... the whole idea is retarded, leave them in the vehicle gametypes.
    Spider mines should not be in any game type period. They ruin the game for everyone except the one who laid them. Totally lame way to play. Hopefully mappers will not include them in any of their maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That will ruin the whole Gametype! Imagine there are spider mines! You'll make a monsterkill so easily -.-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just ran through the new maps and Ocean Relic has a spider mine deployable as well. This wasn't mentioned in the update list. So, we have two maps with spider mines now.

Edeninc looks really nice. Reminds me of gutter in ways.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    The whole point of the keg and shield is that you don't die until you have enjoyed the full advantage they bestow. You cannot lose the game while you still have shields, but you can lose while you still have spiders.

Some crazy modder made a Destroyable Deployables mutator.
    well you're still ignoring the fact that if you get them (keg and shield/armor) you still can die with a few well placed shots..and they go away. After you have layed the mines down you can die all you want or lead XXX person to the area of the mines and they will do your work EVEN IF YOU DIE they are still there...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only thing positive I can think of is there should be good fights over the spider mines.... Mostly I donlt think they really belong in a DM\TDM map.... can't wait til after work to try it out!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X