No announcement yet.

Deployables in DM/TDM maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a chance to play Eden and my fears were confirmed, that map would've been so nice without the spider mines too

Comment

Now we just need a no-deployables mutator.

Comment

You can steal power-ups with the hammer alt-fire, I like the idea that the deployable, the nest and the spiders could become yours like that.

Comment

Edeninc and Ocean Relic are two of the best maps. The layout and asthetics are top notch in these maps IMO.

But as the poll would suggest, people are split on the issue.

The players who don't like the deployables are being very vocal about it

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
            Edeninc and Ocean Relic are two of the best maps. The layout and asthetics are top notch in these maps IMO.
            That I agree with, I actually like the X-Ray deployable and portable slow field power up (they're both extremely fun) it's just the spider mines I have an issue with. But I'd prefere to play thses maps with no deployables at all than playing with both.

If nothing has been written by the time I have the pre-exam lull in classes I'ss see if I can write up a no deployables mutator.

Comment

The spider-mines are rediculously overpowered! I just lay the thing down near the ground floor of rooms where people tend to fight, walk away, and get free kills handed to me. I have a harder time navigating the MENU than playing the game that way!

You should at least be able to blow up the spawning object so people are forced to hide it in out-of-the-way places instead of plopping it down in the middle of everything with total impunity...

Comment

After playing DM-EdenInc on Taffy's server the other night, I'm vehemently against them. :/

The x-ray field is audibly annoying and in most circumstances doesn't really provide an advantage to whomever deploys it. The spider mines require zero skill. What was the problem with leaving these in WAR? They are currently ruining a perfectly good DM map.

Comment

Interestingly enough, even with all the new maps, Campgrounds and Deck are still getting the most playtime. heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                    Interestingly enough, even with all the new maps, Campgrounds and Deck are still getting the most playtime. heh.
                    I will always love Deck, but tbh I'm enjoying Turbine the most right now. Though I don't ever vote for Camp unless it's the CreepyD version, which I feel like I've never played on your server. Is it on there?

If not, have you ever considered adding it? I think it's much (MUCH) more accurate in the scaling of geometry in regards to the original Q3DM6.

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                    If nothing has been written by the time I have the pre-exam lull in classes I'ss see if I can write up a no deployables mutator.
                    I'm kind of in a post-midterm lull right now, so I may end up beating you to it. I've never written UScript before, but plenty of C++ and C#. Syntactically it seems quite familiar.

Anyhow, what do people thing of a configurable mutator that replaces the x-ray pickup with another selected powerup (amp/invis) and the spider mines with a selected weapon? If I have enough time and there's enough desire, I'm really considering writing it. But only if server admins would use it...

Comment

Spider mines are ruining gameplay (spawnkill raping issue), others — XRay and Slow volume,— are not.
                      EMP would be useless, Link generator would ruin too (because it lasts too long, and good only for huge warfare maps).

Comment

Working...
                      X