X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogger View Post
      But once they are killed those types of pickups die with them, spidermines dont.
      That does not change the fact that you get the powerup's full advantage just for picking it up, just like with the spiders.

I'm not saying the keg is "better" than the spiders (that largely depends on the situation)... just that all you have to do to get the advantage is pick 'em up.

Actually, the keg and belt are even cheaper than the spiders, since you're unable to use weapons while you run around with the spider nest in your hands looking for a good spot to deploy it.

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
      the belt and armor do not stay, and must be timed to get any advantage from them.
      How is that different from deployables?

Comment

the difference between that and deployables...well... when u die..the deployable doesnt go away lets say u die then respawn right where the spiders were layed...ur dead again unless by some miracle u make it out alive

Comment

You can't knock a deployable off with alt hammer, can ya? Never really tried it but I would imagine not.

Comment

i like the idea of killing deployables with the alt fire of impact hammer. there at least should be some way to kill spider mines

Comment

that would be a great idea cept... what about the slow field gen. that would mean jumping in it just to try and deactivate it ..so many risk same with spider mines...avoiding all the spiders ... sad thought

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                the difference between that and deployables...well... when u die..the deployable doesnt go away lets say u die then respawn right where the spiders were layed...ur dead again unless by some miracle u make it out alive
                It's going to be even worse in DM where we don't have the hoverboard to outrun them

Comment

Like everything else it will depend on the map, the layout, & placement. Done wisely (& sparingly) deployables could be really fun & make thing interesting. A map with every deployable in the list though would probably be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                    when u die..the deployable doesnt go away
                    The whole point of the keg and shield is that you don't die until you have enjoyed the full advantage they bestow. You cannot lose the game while you still have shields, but you can lose while you still have spiders.

Originally posted by cdiddy View Post
                    i like the idea of killing deployables with the alt fire of impact hammer. there at least should be some way to kill spider mines
                    Some crazy modder made a Destroyable Deployables mutator.

Comment

Well the landrap spiders are certanly a bad step for competitive gameplay. I think they could atleast balance it, maybe even make an emp grenade which players will have at disposal. Or maybe make it last for 6 seconds or less. Right now its pretty much like everyone said: impacting on balance, and dubmbing down competitivnes of online gameplay,

Offline its sure alot of fun, but without some kind of gadget, counter-device whcih should dealt with it, its pretty much a pain in the...you know where

Comment

The only thing positive I can think of is there should be good fights over the spider mines.... Mostly I donlt think they really belong in a DM\TDM map.... can't wait til after work to try it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                          The whole point of the keg and shield is that you don't die until you have enjoyed the full advantage they bestow. You cannot lose the game while you still have shields, but you can lose while you still have spiders.

Some crazy modder made a Destroyable Deployables mutator.
                          well you're still ignoring the fact that if you get them (keg and shield/armor) you still can die with a few well placed shots..and they go away. After you have layed the mines down you can die all you want or lead XXX person to the area of the mines and they will do your work EVEN IF YOU DIE they are still there...

Comment

I just ran through the new maps and Ocean Relic has a spider mine deployable as well. This wasn't mentioned in the update list. So, we have two maps with spider mines now.

Edeninc looks really nice. Reminds me of gutter in ways.

Comment

That will ruin the whole Gametype! Imagine there are spider mines! You'll make a monsterkill so easily -.-

Comment

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
                                Pretty sure they will be useless and I hope most server admins disable
                                them... the whole idea is retarded, leave them in the vehicle gametypes.
                                Spider mines should not be in any game type period. They ruin the game for everyone except the one who laid them. Totally lame way to play. Hopefully mappers will not include them in any of their maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X