Deployables in DM/TDM maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea shoot em...
    and some noob tried to send a full mines worth of spdier at me.. blew em all up with one flack alt fire lol

spiders in DM are kind of bizzare i guess we shall see how they are

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
      ay dont diss my spiders... and anyway noobs lay spiders in useless places
      Like on the spawnpoins of any warfare map

Comment

lol those are noob... hoverboard away useless shade usage

Comment

i like the addition of vehicles, powerups, deployables, traps, secrets and etc to the maps
          its a twist to the gameplay, gives the maps some personality

by the way, the x-ray field doesnt causes damage, only amplifies the damage taken by players inside it

Comment

The Link Station won't be implemented either into any of the TDM maps because it's only for vehicle-healing based gametypes, I presume...

Comment

Lets just wait and see how it will play on DM... I think the whole point of having it on one and one map only is to test it. Even though, I still think that the best addition for arena gametypes like DM and CTF would be a new weapon suited for fast paced combat, not just these powerups... too bad Titan Pack won't have something like that. Maybe next time (i hope)

Comment

I fully expect the noobs to love it, and anyone decent to hate it.

(again, making the game more ******-friendly)

Comment

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
                  Obviously the better players will still win, but they are guaranteed to die more often to players that probably don't know how to play
                  Imagine that, some n00b cutting short your Rampage, leaving you at a mere Killing Spree. Oh, the humiliation! *sniff* Poor you!

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                  Spidermines do 95 damage, so more often than not the person that layed them wont get the kill
                  That's assuming most people have more than 95 health remaining and that they only get a single spidermine on their tail.

Deathmatch should obviously not devolve into spidermine herding... but a few spiders once a week sounds like good variety to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                    Like on the spawnpoins of any warfare map
                    I get the idea. Well maybe the solution will be not to die and to know exactly where the trap is deaployed and avoid it or killing the spiders. Also I think that there will be some sort of balance with the other powerups on the map.

Comment

Kill the spiders, if you can see them then go ahead. The spiders just blend into the environment and you end up spamming about trying to find them umpteen percent of the time. They need that crappy shader applied to them that make them uber glow just like players are at distance.

Comment

DM-Flatwars had spidermines in the vents by the keg, but the map is so huge they were pretty much useless.... drop them near a sniper spot, theres still a million more spots to snipe from... I think they are more effective in an objective based gametype, but maybe the map allows for them. Like a chokepoint leading to a good sniperspot, with just one ramp up to it, drop em to defend your spot... just guessing, I can't sit still that long myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                          Imagine that, some n00b cutting short your Rampage, leaving you at a mere Killing Spree. Oh, the humiliation! *sniff* Poor you!
                          Me dying is not the issue, the issue is that it's dumbing down the game. No skill what-so-ever is required to lay a spider mine. You don't even have to make an attempt at aiming. Should you not have to do something to cause 95 damage to another player? It's basically being given to you.

Hell, it's worse than the idiots who place chunks of goo behind the portal on Deck. What kind of gameplay is that?

Comment

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
                            No skill what-so-ever is required to lay a spider mine. You don't even have to make an attempt at aiming.
                            So you get an advantage for nothing more than picking up the pickup. Isn't that exactly the same as the keg and the shield?

Comment

But once they are killed those types of pickups die with them, spidermines dont.

Comment

That, and the belt and armor do not stay, and must be timed to get any advantage from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X