STEAM DOUBTS....CD-key registration;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEAM DOUBTS....CD-key registration;

Hi i have my doubts if i want to register my retail cd-key on Steam account, because theres rumours after u did that that u cant use UT3 Titan Pack Reveal anymore because it isn t supported on Steam, however if i dont and someelse activates my cd-key by using an generator or whatever they use and register than i am sitting with an wurthless copy of UT3 if that will happen ,one key the account that sound logical but what are the effects with using gamespy when run an server on homenetwork?And also u say it got nothing to do with homenetwork-ip but i have my doubts, and what if that ip dynamically changes?cause i dont have adsl Ok that was for now thanks for reading people!

Wow... Slow down...

Titan Pack Reveal?... Do you have something you're not supposed to have?

Worst case scenario - You register UT3 with Steam and you have to reinstall and download the Titan Pack.

I recently migrated to Steam and I haven't had any problems (well... other than the instability of the game, but that's not related to steam...)

Comment

Reply ,if i wanna make an homeserver u need 2 gamespy accounts, one for the deticated homeserver and one to play on UT3 if am correct, but what if u use STEAM?does the steam account work as an server for ut3 or will it give troubles? if use steam and gamespy together? or do i have to make 2 steam accounts??Yes good thinking hah :P

Comment

Well the only thing i dont suppose to have looking to the UT99 old days are these kind of problems! But if ur wondering if i got that Pack, the answer is no.

Comment

If English is your first language you need to work on your clarity, because half of what you say is difficult to decipher...

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can have two installations of UT3 - one non-steam and one steam-based.

So, if you have the hard drive space, just follow the directions in the Steam sticky and make two installations.

Comment

I believe he's confused about what registering the game on Steam actually does. Registering your copy on steam simply adds it to your Steam list and allows you to gain achievements once the patch is released. The game still uses the same Gamespy accounts (client and server) that you use on your retail install. Steam integration doesn't go any farther than achievements and automatic updates. It won't invalidate your current Gamespy accounts or require you to create new ones, you'll connect to Gamespy and browse servers the same way you did before registering the game on Steam.

Comment

steam works fine. get it and use it. however the onl advantage i know about is better friend and messaging usage and autoupdates.

Comment

Registering a game on Steam makes it impossible to sell or transfer it to another.
                That's the only drawback.

Comment

Working...
                X