Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play UT3 on a normal or widescreen monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you play UT3 on a normal or widescreen monitor?

Hey all

If you have a 16:10 monitor please answer with the 2nd option- widescreen ( I missed this resolution)

With the debate raging atm over whether UT3 needs a FOV over 100. Ive noticed that it is mainly widescreen monitor users that want this for obvious reasons. So im wondering what percentage of the community uses widescreen monitors?

You need to add a 16:10 ratio. That's pretty much what everyone that has a widescreen monitor for their PC uses. My res is 1680x1050

Comment

Oooops Apathy thats my native res. I didnt even realize it was 16:10,thanks for mentioning this. Unfortunately its not going to let me edit the actual poll now so i will just ask people with 16:10 to vote in the 16:9 widescreen. People with either ratio would like an increased FOV im sure

Comment

I voted all, I use 32x10, 16:10 5:4 and 4:3 daily.

Now here's a question: What do you call "normal" if widescreen is the norm/standard?

Comment

16:10 here, 1920x1200

Comment

lol true, traditional may have been better wording. Yes people can pick multiple options, I did at least think of that one

Comment

I play with 16:10. And this options have not been included in the poll.

Comment

Recently bought a 1920x1200 widescreener (16:10). Unfortunately UT3 doesn't allow FOV over 100, but in UT1 I set my FOV to 120 and it feels great on this monitor.

My suggestion: if Epic thinks a higher FOV gives an unfair advantage (which it doesn't btw!), then why don't they make it possible to choose FOV between 100 and 120 instead of 80 and 100?

Comment

I use 16:9 ratio on my HDtv 1920x1080 (Aquos)

Comment

I use 16:10 - 1920 x 1200. For the record I'm completely satisfied with 100 FOV.

Comment

So I'm not sure what option I have to choose :P, I'm playing UT3 windowd on a 4:3 Resolution while I have a 22 inch widescreen monitor .

I just couldn't aim for ^$%^&? while it was in widescreen

Oh and computer monitors that are widescreen tend to be 16:10 generally, it's the TVs that are 16:9 most of the time

Comment

I play 4:3 1024x768 at 100hz

100hz ftw!!!

Some people say fps don't matter above 60. wow... false. I recently (accidentally) disabled forced-fps for UT2k4 and had changed my resolution. I was getting 60 fps online and sucking and wondering why the game felt so wrong. My ppr was like... 2.

Then I realized I was an idiot, forced at least 100fps in-game via drivers, forced vsync, upped my netspeed, and suddenly I was getting 170fps in-game (100true fps due to 100hz) and my ppr soared up to 6-7. I got *this* close to getting a rampage three times.

All that to say... Long live CRT technology and I cannot wait until FED displays hit the market.
                        Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Ci...v-reviews.com/
                        Read (old article): http://www.pcworld.com/article/13805..._for_2009.html
                        Also Read: http://www.fed-tv-reviews.com/

That is pants-pooping news. TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY FPS PEOPLE!!!!!$^#$&Q7serjypw89jhfgnk.bxn fl;ghawy-247q3n7w4
                        *brainsplodes*

Comment

What's that ppr you're talking about?

Anyway I agree: there is a significant difference in smoothness between 60 and 120 Hz/fps.

Comment

FED....240fps... interesting - There seems to be some real promising gaming tech hanging around in the background. Sadly though, it's usually late or never happens:SED. Or when it does, it's, blow your mind expensive :OLED

Comment

Originally posted by tqz View Post
                              What's that ppr you're talking about?

Anyway I agree: there is a significant difference in smoothness between 60 and 120 Hz/fps.
                              I believe PPR is short for points per round. I forgot to mention... I play Freon regularly on UT2k4 and I think PPR is unique to 10-round games like Freon, TAM, and Jailbreak... That would make sense.

And yeah, 60 vs. 120 = huge difference... People who say otherwise probably haven't gamed or haven't gamed long.

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                              FED....240fps... interesting - There seems to be some real promising gaming tech hanging around in the background. Sadly though, it's usually late or never happens:SED. Or when it does, it's, blow your mind expensive :OLED
                              Yes... I used to cling to SED hoping it would take off... it seems to have been kind of abandoned, but the fact that they have working FED monitors already is exciting. Like they've said, they're going to be marketed as master monitors for studios at first, but generally speaking technologies this good tend to trickle down to the consumer, so who knows, maybe 5-10 years from now we'll be pwning noobs on FEDs.

Comment

Working...
                              X