Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is mod browsing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is mod browsing?

    I know in the new titan pack the PS3 UT will have mod browsing but what exactly does that mean? Browse the mods from where? I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

    #2
    u will be able to browse through mods for the game that others have made. some will be maps or gametypes or mutators or other custom stuff that people have made for the game. then u will easily be able to cownload and play quickly.

    Comment


      #3
      ^^True, but it will only be the mods that Epic tested / approved for the browser. You will still be able to install any other PS3 mod through the old, external way (i.e. USB stick).

      As to what criteria Epic uses to certify a mod for the browser is still vague. Guess things like Master Chief characters etc. are a 'no go' for them (although Bungy didn't care about them, MS might do).

      Comment


        #4
        Does that include mods from the make something unreal contest will it be downloadable through the mod browser?

        Comment


          #5
          http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetunr...l/IMG_1254.jpg

          That's an image of it, the mods will essentially be whatever mods epic test and approve. A lot of the MSUC mods don't have PS3 iterations (or they have glitchy PS3 iterations) and wouldn't likely make it on the mod browser, but I'm sure some will.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
            A lot of the MSUC mods don't have PS3 iterations (or they have glitchy PS3 iterations) and wouldn't likely make it on the mod browser, but I'm sure some will.
            Maybe Epic will take care of that... The MSUC contant is huge prestige for Epic IMO.

            Comment


              #7
              I would hope they would try to make the mods from MSUC available for the PS3. It would be extremely awesome if they did.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Eew View Post
                Maybe Epic will take care of that... The MSUC contant is huge prestige for Epic IMO.
                Well some of them just aren't possible, something like The Huanted or AFF: Planetstorm is probably never going to end up on PS3 (TC mods rarely even work on PS3 and most of the time they don't work well) while most custom weapons/vehicles, if they can brought to PS3, usually have some sort of issues (even capatain snarfs vehicles that mostly used modified epic content can still cause the PS3 to crash). We'll get most of the maps (hepefully the latest versions, since most of them get updated a bit after they're entered into the MSUC), but I doubt we'll get much apart from that.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The PC should have this or atleast should get something simeler.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I know the post above mention the vehicles will have issues but what about the Coda horse, the Dispatcher, The XS Harpy, the Thor gun, and the Pitbull shotgun?

                    The extra game modes would be cool but I mainly want the new guns, vehicles, and of course maps.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by UT_Fan View Post
                      I know the post above mention the vehicles will have issues but what about the Coda horse, the Dispatcher, The XS Harpy, the Thor gun, and the Pitbull shotgun?

                      The extra game modes would be cool but I mainly want the new guns, vehicles, and of course maps.
                      I don't know about the Dispatcher and Coda Horse, but the Harpy has a lot of custom coding and likely wouldn't work. Euchreplayer23 managed to get working, albeit slightly glitched, versions of both the thor gun and pitbull shotgun working on PS3.

                      If you're really interested in mods outside of new maps, it'd probably be best just to shell out $15 for the PC version as long as your PC can handle it.

                      Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                      The PC should have this or atleast should get something simeler.
                      It'd be nice if the PC version also had the mod organizer from the PS3 version since that makes keeping track of, installing and deleting mods so much more simple. There are so many features that don't cross over between platforms that it really annoying (PC has console commands, clan tags, more setting options, server redirect and server admin options that PS3 is missing, while PS3 has better vehicle control configurations, better mod organization support, support for controller auto-dodging and independent axis sensitivity).

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I must say, this is something I really missed in ut99/ut2k4.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Trust me, if I could get this for the PC I already would have but unfortunately my PC cannot handle it. I would also love to go to the PC community because I know it is a lot larger than the console community and it sucks when there is no one to play on Warfare or other game modes.

                          Tailsnake, I was also wondering if it would be possible for Epic to make those vehicles convertible to PS3. Is it possible?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by UT_Fan View Post
                            Trust me, if I could get this for the PC I already would have but unfortunately my PC cannot handle it. I would also love to go to the PC community because I know it is a lot larger than the console community and it sucks when there is no one to play on Warfare or other game modes.
                            There are enough WAR players on the PS3. I think the PC:PS3 community ration is 3:1. Not that much of a difference knowing that only around 600 players play on the PC. But these numbers will probably change after the Titan pack has been released.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I think this might actualy be whats needed to get the PC communaty up and going again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X