Please help - new to unreal!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help - new to unreal!!

After reading about the titan pack and having noticed UT3 a couple of times in the bargain bins i decided to get it along with a couple of friends.

We are all very impressed with the speed and variety, along with the co op options etc.

But one things has really turned us off (especially after playing COD etc) - VOICE CHAT!! What's the crack?? Me and a friend were playing he could hear me I couldn't hear him. You've got to press the d pad to chat?? Though that doesn't seem to even work properly??

Really like the game but voice chat is a biggy, especially when playing with real friends.

Please can someone help or I feel this may just be a short relationship!!

Thanks

Just press the chat button to chat. Works perfectly.

Comment

Well thats what we we're doing!! My friend could hear me I couldn't hear him? Obviously our headsets were connected for it to be one-way. We play online all the time and have never had any problems!! I've seen lots of people (when google searching) saying they have problems as well. Admittedly they were oldish posts.

Do you press and hold the button or just tap then talk??

Comment

Sorry I've not mentioned...duh..this is on PS3 not PC..if that helps??

Thanks

Comment

You have to hold the chat button to talk. If you cannot hear your friend, than he's not pushing the right button or something. Since update 1.1 voip works perfectly in UT3. So I have no idea what he could be doing wrong.

Comment

But I would put the chat button on the L3 & R3 sticks, much easier IMO.

Comment

thanks we shall try again!!!

Comment

Default button is right on the directional buttons, the cross of buttons on the left. Most people map it to L2 and move the weapons wheel back to the d-right, at least that's how I learned, and I find it easy to chat and fight at the same time that way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                  Default button is right on the directional buttons, the cross of buttons on the left. Most people map it to L2 and move the weapons wheel back to the d-right, at least that's how I learned, and I find it easy to chat and fight at the same time that way.
                  I've read this often: mapping it to L2, and I'm curious. Presuming you use L1 as jump button, and R1&R2 as (alt)fire buttons, how do you switch weapons?

P.S. I put the chat button on L3 and R3, as my thumbs are always on both sticks.

Comment

Sorry, just read this... I have my jump on the x button. Just the default setting with weapon picker-wheel and voice butons swapped.

Comment

Working...
                    X