Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic people! Read this!

Hello!

People have always been complaining about the translocator disc being "killed" way to easily so I looked it up. I don't know if you just forgot to finish it or if it was intentional but in the UTProj_TransDisc class you put a float var called "Integrity". It's set to 2.000 in the default properties. The only thing you use it for is to calculate how much damage the disc can take before it "dies" and you do that in the TakeDamage function of that class. Integrity = Integrity - DamageAmount and if Integrity is lower than zero then the disc is "dead". So, the disc has a massive health of 2 and will be "killed" by basicly anything. This is completely idiotic and has to be fixed since it's one of the reasons you have no CTF community in UT3.

Over and out!

Since it IS a very small target compared to the player models, if you can hit the XLoc while it is in flight, you deserve to have that one-shot "kill". Why would you need more than 2 health?

IIRC, the hoverboard only requires a 1 health point to get you knocked off of it. Kinda helps to even things out a bit.

Comment

What health would you suggest? 200? Still easy, when it's on the ground. Isn't the whole point of the trans disc that you place it where it won't be spotted?

Comment

It should have the same health as the player who owns it. It was never this low in any of the other UT games and that's one of the reasons their CTF communities are still alive. You can't chase flagcarriers the same way in UT3 as in the other games because if the other team just spams shockballs then you die (cause they hit the translocator disc).

Comment

Well, you can probably "blame" this one on all the players who hated getting owned via telefrag. They most likely provided the louder voice in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
            Well, you can probably "blame" this one on all the players who hated getting owned via telefrag. They most likely provided the louder voice in the matter.
            so true, bro.

Comment

I don't "blame" anyone for this. And you can't own anyone via telefrag in this game, cause it's way to easy to do one. Problem has always been that people give opinions about what they think should be changed and all we ever hear is "if you don't like it then don't play" and that's where it ended up, everybody left.

Anyway, I do find it a bit funny that the translocator disc had much more "health" in previous UT games and the CTF scenes of those games were both bigger and lasted longer. It's not all because of this relatively small detail such as the translocator disc but it's definitely part of it.

Comment

Health is irrelevant, its the lack of a camera and double trans bind that bug me. I keep switching to my weapon unintentionally when using a trans because I keep pressing the trans button again for the camera but now that switches to last weapon.

Comment

OK pherhaps the disc can have 50 helth then it cant just be shot with a smaller wepon or die right at the edge of a shock ball or roclet blast but you hit it and get a good hit on it with a shock ball or rocket blast and it'll die.

Comment

.... The "health" of the trans has been the same since UT99. It does not need to be changed. If your trans is just chilling on the ground, you obviously deserve to have it shot. It's for moving quickly around a map, and yes you can be sneaky and fake a flag run, and then teleport back to your tele to mess with the defense, but that's why you hide it in a corner or somewhere out of sight.

Secondly, I don't who lied to you, but the biggest reason(s) most people hated the UT3 trans was because of the flight projection and the fact that by default you only had 7. (They have mutators with the latter to fix that now btw)

It's far more useless compared to UT99, no more shock combos punts or telepunts with the impact hammer.

Comment

How do you use multiples anyway? I never did get that. Enlightenment please.

Comment

Eh don't dismiss his point completely. I'm pretty sure he's not referring to leaving his tele on the ground and having it killed. With 2 hp, you can be tele'n along, disc in the air, and some nubcake throws out some flak in the general vicinity, random shard hits, dead. Same thing with minispam, random pistol fire, the tiniest smidge of splash damage, etc.

And no Xyx, that's not the point of the tele. Anyone who uses it like that doesn't know how to play ctf very well. It's a means of moving around. The problem is when you're generally moving and unrelated spam barely nicks it (it won't even be obvious it got hit) and you go to translocate and BAM, dead. Imagine suiting up for a run with health and armor only to have some random shard bounce and hit your tele inflight. Or pistol spam, or minispam, etc. And YES, it does happen frequently enough to be a pain.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but I think you guys are on the wrong path thinking that he's complaining that he leaves his tele out in plain sight and it's easily killed... and FYI, its the trans LIMIT that killed CTF in UT3, not its health. A perfect example of the unskilled minority complaining (unlimited trans oh noes!), getting it "fixed" and nerfing a gametype.

Frazzle

Comment

There has always been the risk of getting your flying puck hit by a random projectile. Why is UT3 all of a sudden worse in that regard than the previous versions?

Comment

Never got the unlimited translocator part. Why exactly do people like it? How did they abuse it?

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                              no more shock combos punts or telepunts with the impact hammer.
                              didnt they say they were going to bring back those things?

Comment

Working...
                              X