No announcement yet.

Why do people think UT3 is ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really like to turn the graphics up to maximum and play the game the way the artists intended it to be played!

Unfortunately, as a competitive gamer there are simply too many advantages to be gained by turning the graphics down to ever justify playing with all the eye-candy enabled. Anybody that has to contend with the graphical obstructions of haze, blurring, screen-shaking, particle effects, distortion, depth-of-field, HDR, irrelevant level geometry, etc. is going to be at an extreme disadvantage when facing those who've turned that stuff off and can concentrate on playing in a more clear environment.

I'd almost prefer less flexibility in config tweaking so that this wasn't an issue any more, but then people who don't have cutting edge computers would complain about performance issues...

Comment

Originally posted by innocenceislife View Post
      see here is a good example of my point http://www.beyondunreal.com/images/e...t3_e307_03.jpg why did they put these out as game screenshots ? i think it could look like that with good textures those, i was so excited when i first saw these was looking forward to an amazing looking ut
      Yeah, those were pre posed in the editor. So technically they could look like that with the full-size textures, but you wouldn't get the same way of standing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by capable heart View Post
        Yeah, those were pre posed in the editor. So technically they could look like that with the full-size textures, but you wouldn't get the same way of standing, etc.
        i know they were preposed :P (cool posing tho)

but the detail is the point and i think the texture size is there but like i said earlier according to the UTengine.ini the max lod size for textures is 1024 but the texture is 2048 so the game on max is dowsizing the texture res (or using lower ones) but in the editor you can see the 2048 textures for everything and they look great ! so why dont we see them in game ? it just doesnt make sense to have an asset and not use it. but the game looks great and the engine is good its just a shame to nerf the art work

Comment

Working...
        X