No announcement yet.

Proof the cicada needs fixing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only use the cicada in Torlan to shoot on the core.

I just place it somewhere, from where you can shoot the core easily and then I switch to the 2nd seat...

Comment

Originally posted by Orbatlon View Post
      The problem is, when someone uses the Cicada he instantly rises in the air so no one can get in the second seat. In a driving Goliath for example, you can easily get in the second seat, but a flying Cicada is a different story...
      Yep, exacly what happens...

As for what someone said earlier, going in the Cicada yourself and switching between the seats can take time to get used to but it handy when it is! So many times I've seen people in cicada try to lay waste to mantas with rockets..

Comment

I saw somebody about to take off in one of those yesterday, and I grabbed the 2nd seat. First time I've managed to do that.

Usually they just take off and go. I tend not to get in that vehicle if it's just me, if I don't think I absolutely have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
          <----bows to the 2k4 Hellbender second seat. I would say because of the shock balls the UT3 hellbender is more useful especially with the overexagerated damage radius , 2nd seat is junk.
          You should tell Tricky1 that. The second seat is a hitscan snipers dream. There are several other players who really own in that seat as snipers shooting at all and everything. Tricky1 is just the first name that comes to mind.

Comment

LOL, I saw Sanchez own with the 2nd seat on UMCP ABC at the last ONS Map party. People were complaining about it, it's funny to hear him bash it.

Comment

I was bashing the stock hellbender, not the one in ONS 2 And no, the stock second seat isnt a snipers dream. I spend enough time sniping to know that it sucks. People should just stop trying to candy coat everything. There are better alternatives out there, people just stick to whats stock because, well, I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                There are several other players who really own in that seat as snipers shooting at all and everything.
                <------- (cough cough)

And no, the stock second seat isnt a snipers dream. I spend enough time sniping to know that it sucks. People should just stop trying to candy coat everything. There are better alternatives out there, people just stick to whats stock because, well, I have no clue.
                There's no candy coating going on here. You're just so married to the 2k4 Bender that you're unable to see the strengths of the UT3 Bender.

Comment

You should tell Tricky1 that. The second seat is a hitscan snipers dream. There are several other players who really own in that seat as snipers shooting at all and everything. Tricky1 is just the first name that comes to mind.
                  Oh yes Tricky1's aiming is amazing. Some day I played on Avalanche against him and he was in the nemesis and believe me he pwnd everything

Comment

the shock balls from the driver seat is a 100% improvement in the UT3 Bender. The handling of the UT3 bender not so much. I know the second seat aim parameters are probably the same from the stock version to Captain Snarfs, hold to charge as it was in 2k4. For some reason it just feels much more precise in the later.

I really only need 5 vehicles for good times: manta, raptor, scorp, bender, and goliath. Those are the 5 staple vehicles and none of them were changed much from 2k4 to UT3 other than the scorp, which was worthless in 2k4 anyways, and the bender which was fine the way it was. Was there a legit reason to change it when there were 100 new necris vehicles to play with the features?

Sure the current 50 people that is the Warfare community wont agree with me. Some I'd bet if you handed them a piece of charcoal that said UT3 on it that they would put in their safety deposit box and treat as gold. Sorry but I'm more with the other couple thousand people that didnt like the changes from 2k4-UT3.

Comment

Awesome vehicle + bad view = Cicada

Comment

So, for Axon vehicles:
                        UT2004: cicada, paladin, bender
                        UT3: levi, goliath, manta, scorpion

I have mixed feelings about the SPMA and raptor...

Comment

+1

The deal is you really need the turret to suppress incoming avril and turret fire. The turret is rapid fire and hitscan and can make short work of almost anything.

The alt fire is very useful, but takes practice. This vehicle is very nice using on many custom maps. IMO, it works best on large ONS type maps.

It does have serious issues like the aim. Third person aim is just what it is and your limited to hitting what is not hidden by the cicada itself. Stupid thing epic did removing 1st person from vehicles, totally stupid.

I agree with these post. I unfortunately cannot compare because I have the PS3 version but when I have a partner on this it is a great vehicle. I was able to help take out a bunch of nodes in Torlan and help us get the prime node. As for the missiles I would get hit sometimes and I would heal it up and help my team get nodes. I agree though, I do not think people realize this is a 2 seater and some people seem to just dart off when in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ut_fan View Post
                            when i have a partner on this it is a great vehicle.
                            1 + 1 = 1.5

Comment

What the sense of the secondary fire of the 2nd seat in the cicada? I thought you can diffract enemy avrils.

Comment

cicada sucks. I just tried at cold habor I tried at every angle including secondary fire. I can't even land 50% missile on the node most of them are blocked by terrain.

AVRiL? you bet, anyone who use AVRiL at a cicida is either n00b or pr0 who can time AVRiL lock at last second that you can't launch decoy to respond. A single stinger user and you are doomed.

When there comes a raptor you are ****ed up too.

For node killing power cicada only par at raptor and manta(assuming you can put every rocket at node, sadly 99% time you will miss cause cicada's low accuracy), both of them are way better at most situation.

back to 2k4 cicada was like airborne Goliath with weakness against hitscan weapon and raptor, in UT3? It's more rare. and being worst vechcle of all.

Comment

Working...
                                X