Duplicate Login Name!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Login Name!

Sometimes when im playing UT, suddenly I get "kicked" from the server and I get a message

"Duplicate Loginname. A Profile with the same Login Datas was found! (or something like that)."

Do anyone else have this problem? I heard about a "programm", where you can login with other profiles.

Sorry for my bad english.

Same here.

Comment

Happens sometimes - lately much less for me. In fact, since going with the Steam install, not at all!

Comment

Still happening?

Comment

It happens to me about once a week, but I'm fairly certain it's because of network issues. Lag gets bad, something times out, and I get disconnected. I can reconnect just fine.

Personally I think the error message should be changed to something less likely to invoke people's paranoia. "Duplicate login detected" sounds like you got hacked, but that's rarely if ever the actual issue.

Comment

ok, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something consistent today.

Comment

From what I heard its Gamespy server offline and back online.

Comment

I hope it will get fixed or something.

It happened 6 times to me....

Comment

yeah it is really annoying!
                  hope there's a fix soon.

Comment

Since moving my installation over to Steam I have not had this issue even once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bl00dy.Ben|)er View Post
                      I heard about a "programm", where you can login with other profiles.
                      You mean a program which lets you use the same account but under different nicknames? I suspect that some people have been able to use a a number of different nicknames under the same account. If anyone knows more about how to do this please elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                        You mean a program which lets you use the same account but under different nicknames? I suspect that some people have been able to use a a number of different nicknames under the same account. If anyone knows more about how to do this please elaborate.
                        No, I mean that someone uses your nickname but with his password. And I mean that he really uses YOUR account not just the nickname. But I think its just a myth.

Comment

Well, me and a friend got this several times today.
                          No idea what's up

Greets

Comment

what the fu.. twice in last 10min!!! i had this mesage 5 times today and some of my friends (me too) lost friends lists.they are clear now..impossible to play

Comment

Checking into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X