Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ut3 ps3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 ps3

how many of you out there are playing this game using ps3 and if you are who is using a keyboard? has anyone played Quake wars? way hard on ps3 at first

I played/am playing Quake Wars, but not on any console-

Comment

I've been playing UT3 via the PS3 since day one using the KB+M. Although due to work I can't quite commit to playing it everyday like the previous UT games...darn bills...

IMO it still provides the closest PC gaming experience your going to get w/ a FPS on any console (Quake 3 on the Dreamcast was the first real attempt w/ KB+M support, PC-Dreamcast gameplay and PC hosting).

Comment

I play on PS3 using only KB+M as it's the best way to experience the game for me. The problem is that most of the people who are running servers right now don't enable KB+M when they setup their server. I don't know if they just forget about it since they don't use them, or if it's an attempt to make everything "even". I won't play on a server that doesn't offer KB+M option.

Tried the QW demo for PS3 and it was okay, but always seemed way too laggy for me.

Comment

what would your recommend for a keyboard and mouse set up? i have a 47" lcdtv would it be worth my money to purchase a small lcd 20" to set up on a desk w the ps3 to play?

Comment

Originally posted by mudslinger150 View Post
            what would your recommend for a keyboard and mouse set up? i have a 47" lcdtv would it be worth my money to purchase a small lcd 20" to set up on a desk w the ps3 to play?
            I use the Logitech LX 710 (got it for cheap a few years back) from the couch and it works great for UT3 gaming on the big screen. Downside is the mouse pad usually takes up the next seat (for stability and arm motion) so it really depends on whether you need that space at any particular time.

Lazyboy or Theater Chair gaming is much harder w/ a KB+M and practically the only thing that works is one of those lap desks. Of course the easiest setup is from a desk but the downside is your not gaming in front of that big screen.

Comment

I've been contemplating a KB/M, but I'm not about to give up the experience on a 46" Plasma. I play UT2004 at work on a PC with my coworkers some guys at another office and using a KB/M is superior.

When I get home I switch to controller and sometimes I feel Like Im playing with a serious handicap.

Which begs the question, besides turn accelaration and Shock combos what are some other deficiencies?

Comment

obviously aiming will be alot better but aim assist kinda really SCREWS U HARDCORE if ur tryin to get a shock combo and someone walks near u its completely off but that goes for just about anything aim assist screws u hardcore i play ps3 version with the fragfx plenty have complained about it but im **** good with it

Comment

I took a look online and Frag FX looks interesting. (not sure I get your comment re auto aim cant you just turn it off?)

I'd get it but I use the near extinct 'track ball a saurus rex'

Tradidtional mouse design and my carpel tunnel dont go hand in hand.

from Wikipedia:"Currently, the trackball has become extremely hard to find. Only 2 major companies, Logitech and Kensington, continue to produce them. Microsoft was a major producer, but has since discontinued all of its products. The Microsoft Trackball Explorer continues to be extremely popular (it has no analogous design in production by another company), with used models selling for ~$200 on ebay."

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy5 View Post
                    I've been contemplating a KB/M, but I'm not about to give up the experience on a 46" Plasma. I play UT2004 at work on a PC with my coworkers some guys at another office and using a KB/M is superior.

When I get home I switch to controller and sometimes I feel Like Im playing with a serious handicap.

Which begs the question, besides turn accelaration and Shock combos what are some other deficiencies?

You don't have to give up your plasma. I'm playing on PS3 on my 65" Mitsubishi (1080i but looks great). I sit back in my big chair and play with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse from across the room.

I bought one of these Dell bluetooth KB/Mouse off of ebay. It doesn't come with the BT wireless USB receiver, but it's not required to use with the PS3 because it will sync up with the PS3 built in receiver.

Comment

no u cant turn aim assist off sadly aim assist is to help u follow someone better but in all honesty it screws up more then anything and yeah the frag fx is pretty neat if u properly use it most people complain cause they dont use it correctly or they need to get used to it

Comment

so i went and hooked up a wireless mouse and kb set up and game play is so much easier, aiming is a lot less complicated and i feel a little more superior. The only thing that bugs me is the controller needs to be connect in order to use the keyboard. if it dissconnects then you need to reconnect it to keep playing, i like the auto turn off feature so i dont worry about it draining the batt on the controller. so b4 every 10 minutes i have to move the controller around. i need some kind of setup to make it more comfortable using the kb maybe a lap desk or something. pulling up to the coffie table is a biznatch. now im going to try Quake Wars with the kb, cuz just like UT3 it sucks with a controller.

does anyone have any insite on transfering mods from my mem sandisk mem stick to ut3 on my ps3 ive done a lot of research but i guess im just not getting it, i copy everything unziped ect on to the upmost directory on my usb, and all i get is there is not data on the stick when i try to retrieve it in UT3, does anyone have any specific detail of how i need to set the USB drive up?

Comment

Originally posted by mudslinger150 View Post
                          does anyone have any insite on transfering mods from my mem sandisk mem stick to ut3 on my ps3 ive done a lot of research but i guess im just not getting it, i copy everything unziped ect on to the upmost directory on my usb, and all i get is there is not data on the stick when i try to retrieve it in UT3, does anyone have any specific detail of how i need to set the USB drive up?
                          You shouldn't have to set it up any special way. You use to have to make a directory structure, but now you can just copy the userdata.jam file to the root of your usb stick. Then go to the Community > My Content menu and press square to import the data. This has to be repeated for each mod one at a time.

Be sure you have signed into the PSN and have updated to the latest patch version (should prompt you to update) for it to work.

Comment

alright so i cant put 5 at a time on the the stick and expect it to notice them and upload it. 1 at a time, then take it off the stick, put on a diff one, upload that, take that one off the stick, so on and so on. Do i understand that correctly?

Comment

Yep only one USERDATA.JAM file per removable storage device using either the PC or PS3 download/import method.

Downloading and Importing mods using the PS3 browser

Downloading and Importing mods using the PC:

1. Unzip the USERDATA.JAM file to the root directory of any memory card that is readable by your PlayStation 3.
                              2. Boot up Unreal Tournament 3 on your PS3
                              3. Go to the "Community" menu
                              4. Choose "My Content"
                              5. Press the [SQUARE] button to "Import Mod"
                              6. Follow the directions on the screen to import it from your memory device.

Once imported you'll be able to see the map in your list of Deathmatch maps. You'll be able to host the map and join servers that are hosting the map.

All UT3 mods install this same way. If this were a mutator it would show up in the mutator list. If it were a gametype it would show up in gametype lists, etc.
                              If you are seeing the message "No Import Data" when trying to install a MOD, sign into the Playstation Network and start Unreal Tournament 3.

The game will prompt you to update the game to Version 1.1 . Once the game has been updated, try to install the MOD again.

Comment

Working...
                              X