Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact hammer plus jump boots jump

Ill ask one last time

can this be done with a game pad/controller or do you need kb/M???

It can be done with a controller but not the same way you would do on PC.

Comment

ok ...I will keep practicing then, but do you care to elaborate??? (never done it on a pc)

I can get the initial jump with the hammer but the boot jump never happens.

Comment

What happens. Do you go supper high. I know in UT2004 if you hammered jump with one of those adrenalin powers I forgot what it was called you could jump to ridicules heights.

Comment

"Charge Impact Hammer + look down + press jump & (release quickly, at the same time press jump second time)"
          won't work?

Comment

Ok so heres what Ive been doing: "charge the hammer, look down, relase the hammer (which gives me an initial jump), then try to hit jump twice with no success. no secondary lift whatsoever.

Your directions are to jump once BEFORE I release the hammer then jump again.

Roger that Dr. Fish, Ill give it another go.

Comment

Here's a tutorial for IHJB Jumps on the PC done by SensationBlack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEYy...e=channel_page

Comment

I need a Gamepad tutorial for PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy5 View Post
                  Ok so heres what Ive been doing: "charge the hammer, look down, relase the hammer (which gives me an initial jump), then try to hit jump twice with no success. no secondary lift whatsoever.
                  This is wrong, you are trying to do the first jump after you release hammer. Consider exactly what a hammer jump, boot jump, and double jump are:

Hammer-jump = Jump + hammer (ALMOST EXACT SAME TIME)
                  Double-jump = Jump again at peak of first jump
                  Boot-jump = Double jump w/ boots

You should be releasing hammer at almost exactly the same time you press jump, and then pressing jump again to activate the boots at the peak of the hammer-jump.

Perfect hammer jumps first. If you hit jump a split second before releasing hammer it will be more effective (go higher, do less damage.) But there is so little time in between jumping and releasing hammer, it is effectively simultaneous. I am elaborating because if you hit jump slightly after releasing hammer, you'll just hurt yourself & barely go anywhere.

It's all about your timing.

Comment

Thank you ShomboWhore thats VERY Helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by GingerSuicide View Post
                      Here's a tutorial for IHJB Jumps on the PC done by SensationBlack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEYy...e=channel_page
                      That's pretty good. Must practice more.

Hey hold it a second. I've been charging with the left button. Does it make a difference. Have I been doing it wrong all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                        That's pretty good. Must practice more.

Hey hold it a second. I've been charging with the left button. Does it make a difference. Have I been doing it wrong all this time.
                        Yeah, you're doing it wrong.

No, you are supposed to use the left mouse button to charge. Right mouse button is for defense against mantas and such.

Comment

You'll want to use the primary fire.

Comment

Also keep in mind that offline, a fully-charged jump does 25 damage, while online, it does 50.

And you don't have to charge the Impact Hammer all the way to give yourself the maximum height or farness. The secret is to wait until you hear the grinding sound start.

Comment

Working...
                            X