Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titan Pack being developed by Titan Studios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan Pack being developed by Titan Studios?

Does anyone know if the Titan Studios dev has something to do with the expansion?
    Last year I read (can't remember where) that Epic Games China, a Shanghai-based outsourcing division of Epic Games, launched a developer company named Titan Studios located in Seattle. Coincidentally, as you know the next expansion is called "Titan Pack", so I wonder if Titan Studios would be the lead company in developing it.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but im not sure and I'm curious

I think it is because there MIGHT be a gametype called Titans.

Comment

Yes, It appears that there will be a kind of titan/behemont gametype or something in the game, but why they called so? I'd like to know who's the leading developer of the expansion, the same people of maybe someone else.

Comment

I wanna play! I wanna play!

Comment

In the first Unreal game there were huge, almost dinosaur looking, creatures called Titans. These guys were vicious; they would throw huge rocks at you, or if you got too close they'd just swing their giant arms and splatter you. It would take forever to kill one of those things. Based on pics I've seen, the name for this gametype is very fitting. I guess its a nod to Unreal 1.

Comment

Oh, I had forgotten that Unreal boss, very good times those back in '98... certainly another good reason to call the expansion "Titan".
            And VERY promising comments but please, lets avoid any leaking of unauthorized comment so we can keep the thread from being closed

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKing View Post
              Oh, I had forgotten that Unreal boss, very good times those back in '98... certainly another good reason to call the expansion "Titan".
              And VERY promising comments but please, lets avoid any leaking of unauthorized comment so we can keep the thread from being closed
              i think im gonna start an unreal playthru again

Comment

Originally posted by HellFox View Post
                i think im gonna start an unreal playthru again
                I hear that. No matter how good any current game is, I always believe that Unreal 1 is the best game ever and I always go back to it for another playthrough. I think I've played it at least once every year since 98.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                  I hear that. No matter how good any current game is, I always believe that Unreal 1 is the best game ever and I always go back to it for another playthrough. I think I've played it at least once every year since 98.
                  i wish i had counted how many times i finished it, just for fun
                  oh, that ending, the music and the colorfull effects! its so simple, yet my favorite from all games
                  i could just open the map file thru the console, but ill play all the way just to see it
                  i wissh there was a mod that made ammo alot more scarce thou, that would bring the esperience to a whole new level i belive

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Die View Post
                    I think it is because there MIGHT be a gametype called Titans.
                    Or mutator *pssst*

Comment

Titan gametype? Did I miss something? Players team up to kill a huge beast from U1?

Comment

I remember a mod for UT99, I think it was called Titan CTF or something like that. When you played CTF if you where up 2 caps over your opponents the losing team would have a Titan spawn near their flag and it would help defend their flag.

Also there was a very cool map I can't remember the name but it was a UT99 map where the floor would have traps and if you shot a switch you would be tossed into a pit with a couple of Titans and you would have to make a mad dash to a teleport before they got to you.

Also there was this map that was a giant chess board with moving pieces. Man UT99 had some cool maps.

Comment

I believe all of you are mistaken, the 'Titan' name is referring to a ut2004 onslaught server running TitanTeamFix and its players donning a [.t32] tag

I am sure this Titan is a gametype where a group of players attempt to defeat any 'Titan' (as designated by clan tag) in a ruthless witch hunt of sorts

/me hides

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                            I remember a mod for UT99, I think it was called Titan CTF or something like that. When you played CTF if you where up 2 caps over your opponents the losing team would have a Titan spawn near their flag and it would help defend their flag.

Also there was a very cool map I can't remember the name but it was a UT99 map where the floor would have traps and if you shot a switch you would be tossed into a pit with a couple of Titans and you would have to make a mad dash to a teleport before they got to you.

Also there was this map that was a giant chess board with moving pieces. Man UT99 had some cool maps.
                            I remember that! The Titans would stomp on the floor and send pieces of the chessboard (and your character) flying. Fun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski View Post
                              Players team up to kill a huge beast from U1?
                              It'll probably be more like Mutant from 2004. It seems you can transform into either a Behemoth or Titan.

Comment

Working...
                              X