New Nvidia Drivers Fixes UT3 Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    Any issues with installing 182.50 installing on Vista? The last version kept prompting to finish installing even after rebooting. That's why I had gone back to 182.06.
    With 182.08 I had similar issues, but the trick was to turn User Account Control (UAC) off. When I rebooted with UAC off, the software finished installing successfully and the prompt did not appear again. I then turned UAC back on.

Learning from that experience, I turned UAC off to do the 182.50 installation and had no hassles at all. After the install and required reboot, I turned UAC back on again. No problem.

Comment

I have a Nvidia GeForce 6800 under Windows XP 32-bit. The new 182.50 drivers don't work for me. And deleting the My Documents\My Games folder didn't work either.

It's really annoying because often I'm trying to load a map, and then suddenly my monitor turns off for no reason! It's not even a black screen, there's just no valid signal! I can use ALT-TAB and interact with other programs currently open, but there's still no valid signal! I have no choice but to manually shut down my PC every time!

The oddest part is that after a fresh boot, I can play the game without any issues for about 2 hours before it crashes. But if I try to boot it again, I either crash again, get the behavior described earlier, or get a BSOD. Seriously, I don't get it, and it's really annoying.

The only way I'm able to play UT3 without any issues is to roll back my drivers to 178.24, so at least I can still play, but I hope it's only a temporary workaround and that I won't be stuck with these drivers forever.

I don't know who's to blame between Nvidia or Epic Games for this mess, but please work together to get this fixed quickly!

Comment

Someone tested already 185.68 beta, released April 08, 2009?
        http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
          With 182.08 I had similar issues, but the trick was to turn User Account Control (UAC) off. When I rebooted with UAC off, the software finished installing successfully and the prompt did not appear again. I then turned UAC back on.

Learning from that experience, I turned UAC off to do the 182.50 installation and had no hassles at all. After the install and required reboot, I turned UAC back on again. No problem.
          When ever I am going to install something I always just right-click the install file/self extractor, click the "unblock" button under the "General" tab and check "Run as administrator" under the "Security" tab. Aways works for me.

Comment

How about you guys install the 182.50 drivers instead of whineing about the older ones? You know you don't need to install them one at a time right? each release inclueds everything that came before it. Just make the jump. I have no problems with the latest drivers.

Comment

Latest Nvidia drivers break Left 4 Dead so hard there were several reports of defective cards on the forums.

Just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunwing View Post
                How about you guys install the 182.50 drivers instead of whineing about the older ones? You know you don't need to install them one at a time right? each release inclueds everything that came before it. Just make the jump. I have no problems with the latest drivers.
                I'm on 186.08 on Windows 7 64bit, and have just had the same issue, of a UT3 crash with the no signal error on monitor.

Found this post, via searching for the issue on google.

Seems this is going to be a problem for some time,
                and to mr. Gunwing How about you quit your self rightious preaching, You know your not the only person in the world don't you, just because your issue is sorted does not mean every one else will be.

Comment

Working...
                X