New Nvidia Drivers Fixes UT3 Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    It's becoming pretty obvious windoze 7 is just a fixed and modified version of vista, so the vista drivers should work fine for you.
    Originally posted by stranded View Post
    Install Vista drivers on Win7, it doesn't really matter.
    There are reasons to use Win7 drivers, rather than Vista drivers on Win7, not the least of which is WDDM 1.1 support... While the drivers are (obviously) not as mature as the Vista drivers, they do have benefits not available in the Vista counterparts.

Comment

Do 182.08 work good? I upgraded to 182.06 and they worked fine, but I heard something about .08 containing breakage again.

Comment

No breakage here! 182.08 works perfectly for me! But I did not notice any difference to the previous 182.06, though.

Comment

the only difference between .06 and .08 is something to do with the 8 or 9 series card's compatibility or something like that.

Comment

182.08 never finishing installing for me, or at least that's what Vista plug-n-play in the system tray kept telling me after every reboot with "click here to finish installing". I had to remove all Nvidia drivers and registry key before installing the previous 182.06 driver to make it behave again. I'm not the only one this has happened to. There is even a thread about this strange nvidia driver behavior over on the Nzone forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
              182.08 never finishing installing for me, or at least that's what Vista plug-n-play in the system tray kept telling me after every reboot with "click here to finish installing". I had to remove all Nvidia drivers and registry key before installing the previous 182.06 driver to make it behave again. I'm not the only one this has happened to. There is even a thread about this strange nvidia driver behavior over on the Nzone forums.
              I had this problem too in Vista with the 182.08. The fix was simple. I use UAC. I understand what UAC is for and I am happy for it to do its job. So I leave it on. However, to get your 182.08 drivers installed, TURN OFF UAC. Install your drivers with your UAC turned off, reboot, let the driver finish installing, reboot once more (to check that it did in fact finish), and then turn UAC back on. This worked for me.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try temporarily toggling UAC off/on next time. I had just done Microsoft patch Tuesday updates before I tried to install 182.08 so maybe either something changed in UAC security or in the new Nvidia driver. But with UAC on I got 182.06 to install fine like all the previous drivers which leads me to believe it is a new Nvidia driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fliperaci View Post
                  No breakage here! 182.08 works perfectly for me! But I did not notice any difference to the previous 182.06, though.
                  .08 just adds more support for Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X no optimizations for other/older games, nor any bug fixes, unless you count adding support for the for-mentioned game a bug fix.

Comment

182.46 beta driver is out! I will give them a try later and report...
                    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Comment

I have a Nvidia GeForce 6800 with Windows XP 32-bit, and I have installed the 182.08 drivers, and I'm constantly getting weird crashes sometimes when running the game, except if my PC is in a fresh boot state.

The latest crash I got was a BSOD today when attempting to continue my campaign. (STOP: 0x0000007F)

I'll check in the following days if any of the workaround proposed on these forums work.

Comment

Originally posted by Fliperaci View Post
                        182.46 beta driver is out! I will give them a try later and report...
                        Report: I didnt realise any difference to the previous driver [182.08]

Comment

Ever since 182.06 (which I'm currently using) or the new v2.0 patch, whenever UT3 does decide to lockup I'm now getting a blank screen with a No Signal message on my LCD monitor. Before that version I would get a frozen screen instead, so I could maybe have a chance to end UT3 via Windows task manager. I'm wondering though if there is a new Nvidia conflict with my Vista power settings that turn off my monitor after 20 minutes of inactivity. I remember a year and a half ago Vista power settings conflicted with Nvidia drivers and my PC would not resume out of suspend mode but that known issue was fixed with later drivers. So today I just reset the power settings to never turn off the monitor or anything else to test if the No Signal still happens when playing UT3.

Comment

New Drivers!:

Version Number: 182.50

Optimized single GPU and SLI support for upcoming PC games.
                            Numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release documentation notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                              Ever since 182.06 (which I'm currently using) or the new v2.0 patch, whenever UT3 does decide to lockup I'm now getting a blank screen with a No Signal message on my LCD monitor. Before that version I would get a frozen screen instead, so I could maybe have a chance to end UT3 via Windows task manager.
                              Ahhh. Interesting. I too experienced a blank screen with a No Signal message on my LCD. It only happened once, but it did happen. Yes, 182.06, on Vista. And here I was thinking that my video card had crashed on me and it might be the first sign that my video card was on it's way to hardware failure. I also had a strange video issue when playing MS Flight Simulator which only served to add to my thoughts that it might be a hardware fault. So, I am happy to see this post here stating that someone else had experienced the SAME thing as me. So it's not my card afterall, it's the driver. Phew. I have today upgraded the driver to 182.50.

Comment

Any issues with installing 182.50 installing on Vista? The last version kept prompting to finish installing even after rebooting. That's why I had gone back to 182.06.

Comment

Working...
                                X