Impact Hammer/Hacker Jumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact Hammer/Hacker Jumps

A thread on UTzone was started and I haven´t found any thread on the Impact Hammer jump here on the forum. That is why I want to share this with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jdom...el_page&fmt=22

The extreme far jump on ShangriLa was made with the Hacker weapon. Those two shots were made on our server and the action was planned with my clanmate DoBey. So please don´t say that it is fake or something. It isn´t.

At the end you see a flying shock ball. It was a combo, but after effects decided to shutdown at this frame so the combo is not on the final video.

What do you want to say with this?
    What is your opinion about it?
    Maybe you should write more to create a basic for a discussion.

I know the Hammer jumps are popular and it seems you fly very far.
    I can't say if it's unfair or not.
    It is most noticable on V-CTF or CTF.
    The guy takes the flag and makes an Impact Hammer jump and it's not easy to reach him.
    (At least V-CTF, I don't play CTF).

BTW:
    You can do it with any other weapons as well.
    A Rocket Launcher jump may be better, but it takes a lot of HP
    Avril jump could be better since the Impact Hammer takes online 50 HP.
    (No idea how many HP the Avril takes).
    I wanted to compare the Avril jump with the IH jump but I always forget it when I'm online.

Greets

Comment

I just wanted to show that it is there. And I think many players don´t know of or just don´t use it. But you are right it is more useful in VCTF or DM.

I personally like it very much, always did it on 99, in 2k4 it was not possible because you had no boots and now it is back. It is a good addition to the gameplay. You can surprise an inattentive in DM very good with this.

Comment

Please forget what I said about the Avril jump.
        Online you are dead if you have 100 HP.
        I created a new thread about this issue:
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=658402

Greets

Comment

Rocket jumping....no. Hammer jumping or shock secondary jumping is what you do. Rocket jumping is retarded. It's not quake.

Comment

i agree not, do u?

Comment

bebo is totally right in my opinion, to much damage where is the advantage? Even if you get the belt with that it wouldnt be so clever.

Comment

lol guys, that Rocket Launcher jump was just an example.
                I never do this.
                I meant it's theoretically possible to do jumps with any (but not all) other weapons.
                The Impact Hammer seems to be the most popular of all.
                Its only disadvantage is that it takes time until it gets charged and the enemies hear you.
                For example you charge it right before you take the flag with the plan to make quickly a jump after you take it.

Some guys have more than 100 HP and use a Shield belt.
                (That's nothing special in V-CTF or at all^^.)
                That means they wouldn't care about ~ 100 HP loss if they know that the enemies can't reach them easily after their jump.

Greets

Comment

Bots in UT99 use to hammer jump all the time. I have yet to see a UT3 bot use the hammer to jump.

Comment

i remember UT99, could blast the flag across the map with a quick deemer suicide lol

Comment

Yeah and you use to use the hammer to launch the translocator disk which was a cool thing to do.

Also the translocator use to have a camera in the disk which was underutilized but handy.

I finally found a useful thing for the hammer jump in gateway to get the redeemer.

Comment

Impact Hammer jump doesn't work on high ping servers (Epics, pls fix)

Comment

impact hammer does 50 damage to yourself online but 25 damage to yourself offline. (Epic, pls fix) . High ping wouldn't be so bad if I had more than one try at it.

Comment

A single player shock jump is yet impossible in UT3, yes? -Even with fast weapon switch mutator?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
                              impact hammer does 50 damage to yourself online but 25 damage to yourself offline. (Epic, pls fix) .
                              It seems to be ok!
                              It has something with the bot level to do which changes the self-damage.
                              Check this thread:
                              http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=658402

Greets

Comment

Working...
                              X